Biofeedback

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Biofeedback

Postby cherylk » 12 Sep 2010, 22:36

Guys and gals,
Another article in my Bottom Line Health magazine on biofeedback:
"The Healing Power of Biofeedback": A new application of biofeedback may help chronic constipation caused by an inability to sycnchronize bowel and anal muscles properly. In a recent study, nearly 80% of adults with chronic constipation improved substantially with biofeedback-assisted retraining, compared with 22% who took laxatives. One-hour biofeedback sessions cost $60-$150. Some insurance companies pay for biofeedback therapy. To find a qualified practitioner, contact the Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback, Inc. (800-477-8892, www.aapb.org and click on "Find a Provider" or the Biofeedback Certification International Alliance (866-908-8713, www.bcia.org).
Maybe this will help someone!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Re: Biofeedback

Postby scaredy_butt » 14 Sep 2010, 17:46

My mom does biofeedback, though hers is related to depression, but one day she asked about using biofeedback with chronic constipation. Her practitioner said that she had never seen a case of chronic constipation that she was unable to help. So, feeling very hopeful, I went for treatment. It was strange at first, but I can see how it would work. Unfortunately, I don't think it would help me now, because I'm not sure it would heal the fissure, but once that problem is dealt with, I will certainly consider going back since chronic constipation is what got me here in the first place. My mom doesn't live in the same city as me, so I will have to try and find someone nearby I guess. Just wanted to put my 2 cents in on the topic. It would say it's most definitely worth a try!
scaredy_butt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10