Post-op mucus

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post-op mucus

Postby AssMan2018 » 26 Oct 2018, 21:12

Hi there, one month ago today I had an open LIS. My Dr. said that I should expect full recovery within 4 to 6 weeks and that "oozing" is normal for the first week or so following surgery. My mucus has not gone away to date. As a follow-up, I met with my doctor today and he asked if I had the mucus problem prior to surgery. Obviously, this worries me! He didn't fully understand why this would continue to be a problem so long after the surgery. So, my question is, how long did mucus last after your surgery? Thank you! :Rock:
AssMan2018

Topics: 2

Re: Post-op mucus

Postby TubDweller » 27 Oct 2018, 12:14

I had LIS back in June, and my mucus phase came pretty late. I remember dealing with it for what seemed like weeks. Mine was mostly clear with only a brief period of yellowish mucus. I remember being so damn tired of blotting my anus. Fortunately, I can report that it does stop eventually.

Hang in there, it does get better. Some folks’ recovery period is longer than others. Stick to your recovery plan and you’ll pull through.
TubDweller
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Post-op mucus

Postby AssMan2018 » 27 Oct 2018, 12:29

Thank you for your response and encouragement! I feel better already.
AssMan2018

Topics: 2