Back from fistulectomy

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Back from fistulectomy

Postby afugh!! » 01 Nov 2010, 14:13

Things went well.Luckily my fistula wasn't deepin the muscle so no seton and just a debribment with a laser and laying open.I'm able to walk for now I guess til the pain meds wear off but other than that I feel fine.I don't know when I'm going to have my first bm and certainly not today since I fasted yesterday so I'll update on that as soon as I have one.welp I'm going to lay down and watch some tv.hopefully everyone had a good day.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Re: Back from fistulectomy

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 01 Nov 2010, 15:11

Yo dude! This is the post I came on here hoping to find! I'm glad that you were able to dodge the seton. I had my little fistulous tract debrided when I had my abscess surgery and the discomfort/pain afterward seemed about the same as after LIS. Yours was probably deeper, I'm guessing, but if you didn't end up with a seton then it sounds like everything on the up. Great news!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 01 Nov 2010, 15:29

Glad it's over with for you and everything went well :)

Postby afugh!! » 01 Nov 2010, 15:45

Ya definately happy I have no seton.Things are still numb down there and I'm waiting for some kind of pain or stinging but it's probably too soon.I feel icky and sticky down there and I can't wait for tomorrow so I can sitz and shower it off.Oh and ugh passing gas feels weird,hard to describe the feeling but it's like air trying to passing through cottage cheese Image Eh thanks for the support you guys :)
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 01 Nov 2010, 18:02

Good luck going forward, Jeff!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 02 Nov 2010, 08:19

Checking in to see how you're doing Jeff? Image
Hope all is going well!

Postby afugh!! » 02 Nov 2010, 12:26

I'm doing pretty good dawn thank you for asking.No pain whatsoever but more uncomfortable.I think all of the local anesthesia has worn off because I can clench my sphincter a little more but still no pain.Still no bm and I'm fearing it a little but more of how I'm going to clean up afterwards.I will post again after my bm.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby cherylk » 02 Nov 2010, 12:59

Jeff,
What is a seton?? I'm assuming something along the likes of a drainage tube??? :roll:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 02 Nov 2010, 14:30

I know we didn't have the same procedure but I just took the baths to clean up the first few days then I used the removable shower wand on a low setting( stream).
For me , the first week was the sorest but every day gets a little better. Hopefully your first bm will go well.
Take care.

Postby PaulsPain » 02 Nov 2010, 16:08

Jeff,
Glad to hear that everything is going smoothly so far. Also nice that you didn't have to have a seton. That means you can heal and hopefully be done with the fistula.
Cheryl-
A seton is used to treat a fistula if deep in muscle. There are two types that I am aware of - cutting and draining. The cutting is used to slowly cut the muscle over time to try to avoid damaging the muscle to much.
I have a draining seton now. My fistula track invloves about half of my sphincter muscle. So a cutting seton was not an option. Mine is solely for keeping the track open to prevent an abscess from forming again. Mine looks like a zip tie that enter where my abscess draining incision was and comes out my anus and tied to form a loop. Annoying as heck having this in all the time. But I am glad to have it in there to prevent another abscess. My CRS said he will pull it at some point. I have had it for about 2 months now.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4