Post lis - options if it hasn’t worked ?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Post lis - options if it hasn’t worked ?

Postby Jase1 » 25 Dec 2018, 06:43

Hey everyone ( merry Xmas ) just as my title states, I’m post lis op from sept. I’ve tried to be patient with the healing process as I’ve read different healing times from weeks to months. Unfortunately I don’t think it’s worked. I’m still in pain with the fissure. My dr signed me off last month but did say come back after another 2 months if the pain is still there. Any advice on what they can do next ?
Jase1
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Post lis - options if it hasn’t worked ?

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 25 Dec 2018, 18:53

i'm wondering the same thing. it's been 10 wks since my LIS and i do feel better than i did before surgery. however i sometimes still get pain and a bit of blood even though the stool is practically perfect...i don't know if it just needs more time or the LIS has failed... i have my apt mid jan so i guess i'll find out then what my options are.
Deleted User 4536

Postby Paininthebutt2018 » 27 Dec 2018, 11:45

I'm 6 weeks post fissurectomy and still having bad days. I'll go 3 or 4 days with minimal discomfort then out of no where I will have a day sometimes two with pain. It's only a 3-4 on pain scale but still interfering with my work day. I'm sick of this as I'm sure you guys are too.
Paininthebutt2018
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby hopeful87 » 06 Jan 2019, 06:05

7 weeks after LIS , fissure is still here,moderate discomfort and itching during bm and after.
fissure diagnosed : 2013
LIS :13 Nov 2018
hopeful87
Salt Bather

Postby patient1 » 12 Jan 2019, 01:13

8 weeks after LIS. Fissure is OK, but the area of surgery on my left side bothers me after bowel movements. Dealing with a fungal infection in the whole area (anus and between buttocks). I hope we all get well soon. Much love and support to everyone.
patient1
Fibre Addict

Postby patient1 » 12 Jan 2019, 01:16

Hey guys! I had hemorrhoid surgery in September 2018, and then LIS in November 2018. I do not seem to have elasticity in the anal area anymore and the area feels tight and narrow. Is anyone else experiencing something like this? The surgeon told me that it should improve with time, but I am wondering if this is normal. Please share your experience. Thank you.
patient1
Fibre Addict

Postby hopeful87 » 12 Jan 2019, 05:34

Hi @Patient1 im now 8 weeks as well,i had that same bother after bm , also on the left side where the fissure is ,and extends to form a skin tag on the top of the anus,its been itchy and annoying, but its getting better with time,doesn't seem that the skin tag will disappear but the the pain and itching from it is decreasing.
i also felt that im narrow as well in the beginning but it did got better with time.
hopeful87
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 12 Jan 2019, 13:07

patient1 wrote:Hey guys! I had hemorrhoid surgery in September 2018, and then LIS in November 2018. I do not seem to have elasticity in the anal area anymore and the area feels tight and narrow. Is anyone else experiencing something like this? The surgeon told me that it should improve with time, but I am wondering if this is normal. Please share your experience. Thank you.

i am having similar problem. had LIS 3 months ago. in the third month, i am feeling worse, area feels more tight and bleeding more. i did not feel this way in the first 2 months :groan:
Deleted User 4536

Postby patient1 » 12 Jan 2019, 21:42

Thank you for sharing your experience, Hopeful87. I am currently dealing with an infection. I am hoping to improve soon.

Whatsherface, I am so sorry to read that. Have you seen your surgeon lately? I hope things get better for all of us soon.
patient1
Fibre Addict

Postby hopeful87 » 14 Jan 2019, 06:50

@patient1 you're welcome,i hope you get well soon !
@whatsherface are you maintaining good quality stool ? probably go back to your dr and check,hope things gets better for you!
hopeful87
Salt Bather