Two days post-op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Two days post-op

Postby Cagirl » 06 Dec 2010, 21:50

So glad to hear things went ok at work today. I was feeling so bad for those of you having to go back to work today, I don't know how you did it! Kudos to you!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Deleted User 437 » 07 Dec 2010, 15:33

Esheesle,
Glad to hear you're doing well, I'm doing good myself. I get a little itching as well, but I'll take that over the pain any day!!
Cheers,
Fiberup
Deleted User 437

Postby Guest » 08 Dec 2010, 05:39

So yesterday I started getting some itching around the incision site. Anyone else have that? Still no additional pain, just a bit of pressure/the itching. Some minor pinkish discharge, suspecting blood as I am still healing.

Postby Guest » 08 Dec 2010, 08:02

Sounds pretty normal to me esheesle....Rock on :)

Postby Guest » 08 Dec 2010, 17:15

Well had an interesting experience today. Things going well besides the itching. On the walk to my car i felt a little bit of a pinch or something (best description i can think of) around the incision site but nothing too bad. Get home, all good. After dinner i find that I'm bleeding noticeably again, not dripping but def noticeable on wipes as bright red instead of the small discharge i've been having (no bm to cause, just seemed to start). Had to start using gauze again for a bit. It seems to have stopped after 5-10 minutes of bleeding. Anyone else have this? First time since last thursday/friday right after surgery.

Postby Deleted User 437 » 08 Dec 2010, 19:27

esheesle,
I have had the leakage since the surgery on Thursday. It seems to be worse in the morning after I go to the bathroom, which is still a bit painful for me. It then goes from a bright red discharge to a pinkish red. I'm positve it's from the incision site that is obviously still healing. It's definitely annoying, and I hope it stops or at least tapers off a bit soon. Sounds like you maybe just aggravated it a bit.
Deleted User 437

Postby Deleted User 437 » 08 Dec 2010, 19:30

By the way, did the doctor stitch up your incision, or did he leave it open?
Deleted User 437

Postby Guest » 08 Dec 2010, 19:38

I think stitches. Guessing maybe one popped walking to my car and then finally sitting on the toilet broke it loose a bit. Used gauze for the past few hours and only minimal blood on there so thinking just a random occurrence. Just weird that I had had such minimal bleeding and then such a noticeable amount. Sort of freaked me out initially.

Postby Deleted User 437 » 08 Dec 2010, 20:12

Yeah I think your assesment is probably correct. I certainly wouldn't worry about it.....the incision obviously is going to take some time to heal completely. My doctor didn't stitch me up so I've had constant leakage since the surgery. I just wish I had some idea when it would stop.
Sounds like you're still doing really well though, so keep it up!!!!
Deleted User 437

Postby Guest » 08 Dec 2010, 20:16

Yeah the constant leakage i've had and expected(maybe no stitches, not really sure). just worried me about the sudden increase. guess as long as it stops then all is well. sounds like you're doing well to. Hope it keeps getting better for you.