Two days post-op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Two days post-op

Postby Guest » 04 Dec 2010, 12:26

I had LIS surgery for a fissure on Thursday morning. Fastest in and out of the hospital I've ever had (3 hours total). My doc had me taking pain meds immediately after I got home to stay ahead of the pain, which oddly never came. It feels unusual down there, but nothing I would really classify as pain (at least not yet, and I hope it stays that way). Some minor bleeding but nothing major. Finally had a bm this morning and no pain with the movement, a bit right after in the incision site, but really just discomfort and not so much pain (felt like the muscle wasn't tensing properly, which it wasn't because of course its been cut). No stabbing, sitting on a knife type feeling like I had prior to surgery. So far I have to say this is by far the best decision I could have made. Been suffering since June with the sitting on a knife feeling and now I finally have some hope that it will go away and stay away.
My only real concern now is how when I go back to work on Monday I can do the sitz baths after bm. Guess wipes will have to do until I get home for the day. Overall, I'm very happy so far.

Re: Two days post-op

Postby StevePain » 04 Dec 2010, 12:55

Happy Recovery, keep us posted!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Deleted User 437 » 04 Dec 2010, 13:01

Glad you are doing well!! Have you been able to sit yet with little discomfort?
Thanks,
Fiberup
Deleted User 437

Postby Guest » 04 Dec 2010, 13:03

I've been sitting all day everyday since thursday morning and little to no discomfort in fact. I came home from surgery, laid down for about 2 hours, then been sitting all day every day since. I really have to say I'm shocked at how little discomfort I feel. Maybe I was so used to the stabbing pain that this pain is just not noticeable?? I figured there would at least be some, but really there just isn't.

Postby Deleted User 437 » 04 Dec 2010, 13:24

That's awesome!!!!
I hope I can get there soon. Good luck with your continued success!!
Deleted User 437

Postby Guest » 04 Dec 2010, 13:31

Fiberup,
sounds like you are on the path to healing as well. I didn't need anything other than the LIS, which probably explains why you are in a bit more pain as you had a bit extra done down there. In any case, so far so good. Really glad I went with the surgery because the pain of the fissure was just impossible to manage.

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 04 Dec 2010, 20:47

Welcome to the boards eheesle! You sound like you're kicking some major ass after LIS, which is awesome :) I definitely had more pain than you after LIS but agree that it's nothing like insane acute fissure pain. Hope you stick around and let us all know how things go even though you're wwwaaaay ahead of the typical curve it sounds like!
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Guest » 04 Dec 2010, 23:15

Congrats on your new butt! I had a little more done than you but feel like I would have been in the same boat as you if I would have just had LIS. I expected things to be much worse than they were... Good to see you are doing so well.
Not sure what you can do to replace the baths though while at work... I guess the wipes and maybe some cotton you can wet with warm water.

Postby Cagirl » 05 Dec 2010, 09:29

Hello there and congrats to us three on our new rear ends! My LIS was Thursday also. I'm not quite on the move as you two are. I am feeling better though. The past couple of days were rough.
Did you see someone here found a travel sitz bath, perhaps a local medical supply may have near you? Can you sit on a heating pad at work?
All the best to you and a speedy recovery.
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2010, 19:52

So far so good. Went back to work today without too much of an issue except my IBS acting up. It apparently disagrees with too much fiber(I tend towards D so not surprising I guess). Was trying to keep things going but at this point think its best to just try to stick to normal and hopefully that is good enough even if it means a bit of C so as to avoid D. So that little episode flared things up a bit but overall still doing ok. Bit itchy around the incision site, or at least I think that is the site. Other than that no issues though.