28 Days Post LIS and I am back to square o e

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

28 Days Post LIS and I am back to square o e

Postby JulsPain » 15 Aug 2019, 13:09

Fissure pain is back, however this time it is in a different location which makes me believe I somehow developed a new fissure at some point in the healing process.

The burning is back, the bleeding is back, and the itching and general discomfort is all back.

Despite taking 2 colace a day, I had one day of a bit more formed of a stool and it’s all been downhill from there. I did have the pain and discomfort before this too but no bleeding so I assumed it was just the general recovery, but at week 4 I am having fissure pain even worse than I did before.

Seriously so depressed at this point. After all the time spent stressing over the surgery, my mind can’t even comprehend that I might be in the 2% of people for whom the surgery doesn’t work.
JulsPain
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Re: 28 Days Post LIS and I am back to square o e

Postby Abu » 16 Aug 2019, 06:05

Hey Juls, sorry to hear you're having setbacks. can you see someone to check you? Don't jump with assumptions yet.
Abu
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby hollyrc » 11 Feb 2020, 18:12

Hi Juls.

I’m in the same position as you. Had liss about 5 months ago and I’m worse than ever, so you’re not alone if that’s any comfort. I hope things have improved for you since you posted this x
hollyrc

Topics: 1

Postby NoName » 21 Dec 2022, 09:17

Any updates? I’m having the same problem. Fissure is back 10 days post LIS and my doctor is recommending to do a 2nd LIS
NoName
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4