Gay guy here Had LIS on 5/5

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Gay guy here Had LIS on 5/5

Postby Briansmith9873 » 07 May 2020, 17:57

Hey guys! I will give you a quick recap on my story.
Gay guy here in his 30’s. Perfectly healthy. Had developed a fissure at the famous posterior midline after having a hard stool. After numerous trips to the doctors and nitro ointment nothing would heal it. Not healing also meant no anal sex.
Surgeon recommended the LIS and stated he could help and get me back on the “saddle” (pun intended).
After much worry and deliberation I went and had the surgery. I feel blessed to have the resources and insurance to go ahead with this.

Surgery day came and went. Spinal block and sedation and went home by 11am. First night very little Pain due to the numbing.

Day 2 woke up with some soreness and bruising all over my backside. I managed the pain with Tylenol only and have not needed the norco. Even did a walk around the block with minimal pain.

Day 3. First BM soft with only minimal pain from the Lis cut site.
I even went for a 2 mile walk with no problem other then some soreness.

Today I have noticed swelling on the side of the LIS incision. Is this normal? I feel sore but the pain is still minor and with movement only. Only very small bloody discharge.

Am here to share my story and to receive help through my journey and help others.
Briansmith9873

Topics: 1

Re: Gay guy here Had LIS on 5/5

Postby Coconutoil » 07 May 2020, 21:53

Hopefully you see this, how did you heal? Considering getting the lis. I’m surprised you were walking so soon after surgery that gives me hope.
Coconutoil
Salt Bather

Postby Briansmith9873 » 07 May 2020, 22:22

I was walking around the house the day of the surgery and around the block the day after. Now on day 3 and can walk a couple miles or more. Walking actually feels good to do. I do feel as though I have had some increased swelling and am hoping everything gets better day by day
Briansmith9873

Topics: 1

Postby johnnyp433 » 09 Aug 2020, 15:37

Hi Brian,

Just wondering how your healing is going? I’m also a 30-year-old gay male who developed a deep fissure after lots of stress-induced constipation. I had LIS done on 6/5 and recovery has been rough. I felt like things were headed in the right direction until I developed severe diarrhea which seemed to set me back a bit. It’s been 9 weeks and I still notice some blood after BMs. I’m also incredibly sore and swollen throughout the morning.
johnnyp433
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2