Another "for women only" question

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Another "for women only" question

Postby Bambi » 03 Jan 2011, 15:54

I usually have my annual exam and pap smear in January and I have put off calling so it probably can't even happen now for a month or two. But I am scared to go! I can't imagine someone stretching that area open and I certainly wouldn't want him to do the rectal exam part. However, last year my pap came back a little off - they just recommended to repeat it in a year so nothing earthshaking. Anyone else have this done while the fissure was active and bothering you? My worst case is that I get better with my second round of botox tomorrow just in time to have someone mess me up!
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: Another "for women only" question

Postby Bumbutt » 04 Jan 2011, 07:14

Hi! I don't know much about this issue - but I would say rescheduling for a month or two later isn't so bad. Also, you could explain your condition to them, and I imagine they see a lot of women with AF or similar problems (given the traumas of childbirth) and they may be able to be extra gentle or use some numbing agent. And personally, I would have them stay away from my butt, as that is probably over-studied!?!
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby New mum » 04 Jan 2011, 22:03

hey no i havent had this done since my fissure and lis. my thoughts were like yours, also is your fissure at 12 or 6 maybe if it was at 6 then it wont be a big drama to have the papsmear. I am also due for my papsmear about 4months ago but i am leaving it till i am healed dont want to take the chance.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Bambi » 05 Jan 2011, 19:52

I am always confused about where 12 is and where 6 would be, but it is definitely up closer to where it could be stretched? I''m assuming that is at 12? So it is really at 11. You make me feel better- I've never missed a yearly exam since I started having them and I think I would prefer to take the chance on not having it right now.
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby New mum » 05 Jan 2011, 19:57

yep 12 is closer to that area! which is where mine is so thats why i have always left it. Lets hope you will heal fast and you wont have to worry about it.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby scaredy_butt » 05 Jan 2011, 20:06

I've had my fissure(s) so long, that I've done everything with them, including having 2 kids. I've had plenty of PAPS, though I have never had a rectal done at the same time. When I went for my 6 week checkup after my daughter was born, I was still a bit tender at the 6 o'clock position of my vagina and when I told the Dr. that she was able to put the speculum at 7 and 1 instead of 12 and 6 to relieve the pressure on that area. Maybe you could ask for something similar? If you could somehow schedule your PAP for first thing in the morning before you've had a BM maybe that would help. I always find that things are a bit swollen after a BM which would make a PAP more uncomfortable. If I think of anything else, I will let you know. Gotta go get the kids ready for bed, then I will have some silence to be able to think!! :D
scaredy_butt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 05 Jan 2011, 20:52

scaredy_butt wrote:I've had my fissure(s) so long, that I've done everything with them, including having 2 kids. I've had plenty of PAPS, though I have never had a rectal done at the same time. When I went for my 6 week checkup after my daughter was born, I was still a bit tender at the 6 o'clock position of my vagina and when I told the Dr. that she was able to put the speculum at 7 and 1 instead of 12 and 6 to relieve the pressure on that area. Maybe you could ask for something similar? If you could somehow schedule your PAP for first thing in the morning before you've had a BM maybe that would help. I always find that things are a bit swollen after a BM which would make a PAP more uncomfortable. If I think of anything else, I will let you know. Gotta go get the kids ready for bed, then I will have some silence to be able to think!! :D

I just wanted to say you are one tough woman!! There's no way I could have had babies w/ a fissure!!

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Jan 2011, 23:56

12 O'clock is toward spine
6 O'clock is toward vagina
No, pelvic exam should not mess up your fissure BUT the exam can be maybe uncomfortable in general, I suppose. I know I would not do it at the level of pain I was when I had active fissure : (((, I even refrained from sex : (((.
If you had inconclusive PAP last time, than they should have done one after 6 mos , actually. Since that is the case, definitely try to have one as soon as possible, but postponing 2 mos should not make a big difference.
Wishing you fast healing !!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby pinky » 06 Jan 2011, 17:19

Even i have been avoiding a pap smear for a few years.never had one and my gp is pestering me to have one.im too scared of it as my vagina is too tight after bad repair of my episiotomy.
You should get it done asap as its more important to rule out anything.Good luck and let us know how it goes
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Bumbutt » 07 Jan 2011, 04:23

In Sweden, they do pap smears only once every 5 years. I think that is a little too much time between tests, but it sure is a different time schedule than the annual test in the US for some reason...
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7