New here...LIS tomorrow

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: New here...LIS tomorrow

Postby ElizabethAnnB » 17 Jan 2011, 16:46

So, I had my follow-up with the CRS today. I thought it was the stitch that has been bugging me like crazy. He took it out, but my CRS told me it is actually the fissure, which is weird because it bothers me much worse than before the surgery. He said he wants me to keep up with all of the pre-op colace and things like that for a while and to come back and see him if it is still hurting me in a month.
This is strange to me because before, I really hadn't had that much pain with bms, but now, I totally feel it! I don't know if the surgery just made the fissure worse temporarily from the whole area being messed with or what. He said that was probably the case. Ugh!
My butt is feeling much better, but that fissure is definitely there and stings like hell. I am just going to do all the preop stuff I had been doing before. I want this stupid thing to heal once and for all!@
ElizabethAnnB
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4