Mirilax/Restoralax (Canada) Daily usage?????

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Mirilax/Restoralax (Canada) Daily usage?????

Postby desperatehousewife » 11 Jan 2011, 15:31

Quick question everyone,
Is Mirilax ok to take everyday? I asked my CRS about it months ago after I read all of the posts and he said he'd never heard of it (I'm in Canada). Then after speaking to a naturalpath last week she suggested Restoralax (Shopper's Drug Mart) and told me it was a generic for Mirilax just introduced to Canada this year. Anyway, the bottle says not to use for more than 7 days. I find that Metamucil is absolutely gross and after months of it, I'm sooooo sick of it. Benefibre doesn't do the trick and I love having to take only 1 dose, however gives me diarreah. Can I adjust dosage? How much does everyone else take? Do you think I'll be "dependent" on it if taken daily? What are the long term side-effects?
desperatehousewife
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: Mirilax/Restoralax (Canada) Daily usage?????

Postby cherylk » 11 Jan 2011, 17:24

You can adjust the dosage of Mirlax. The amount varies from person to person (what works). Supposedly, there are no long term side effects. I've been taking it for over 3 years now and plan to take it forever. I posted a recipe on here that has enabled me to reduce my Miralax dose at night. I think one's body can be dependent on it, but you can always try tapering later on (very gradually). I take mine in divided doses in order to better be able to adjust the dose if necessary.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby desperatehousewife » 11 Jan 2011, 23:24

Thanks I'll keep trying it.
desperatehousewife
Salt Bather

Postby scaredy_butt » 27 Jan 2011, 18:11

I just tried Restoralax for the first time today. I only took half the dose to start. I will see how that works and adjust up or down from there. I'll let you know what I discover!
scaredy_butt
Salt Bather