My recent story

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My recent story

Postby missy moo » 08 Oct 2021, 19:55

Would love some recipes please :)
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Camry » 09 Oct 2021, 00:13

Hello there.
I start my day with half a cup of prune juice.
Light breakfast for me is just milk and cereals.
Not specific with the contents though hahahahahaha. For lunch its steamed rice and chicken. Same will go for dinner. 2 colace capsules before bed time. Fruits too. Papaya and watermelon. As much as possible i stay away from fried food but you can only resist so much. I still have my weekend cheat day hahahahahahaha.
Camry
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby missy moo » 09 Oct 2021, 02:56

Camry you sound like my typa person hahaha tell us a bit of your background how did you get here? Its a great place to be but very sad that anyone needs such a site.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Camry » 09 Oct 2021, 05:56

Been here 3 years ago. Silent reader…
I am in my late 40’s from the philippines.
Diagnosed with af 2018 and its an on and off thing for me. I read some of your post too Missy regarding the hard tip bms. I am also like that, that thing causes retear! As much as possible i try not to obsess about the fissure and all trying to divert it on other things to do. There are good days and there are not so good days. 3 weeks ago i had a terrible retear after overeating a bit during my sons bday celebration. Next day bm was a bit hard and i knew a retear was coming indeed. Trying to watch what i am eating again all in moderation just to keep bms soft.
Camry
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 10 Oct 2021, 03:32

Yeah thats the way but it can be hard sometimes worrying about things we eat or eating too much you know.keep in touch heaps of support here. Have you had botox or any other treatment for your af?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Worstyear » 10 Oct 2021, 10:01

Hi camry! Welcome!
Like missy moo asked, have you done any medical treatment? If not, I strongly suggest that you do if you can! Medications are really good and you will feel better. And if everything fails, you can still have LIS.
I use miralax (peg) because it's not dangerous for long term use, and magnesium citrate for the same reason. They are very good stool softeners and may help in the long term.

I havent bled after 3 weeks of nitro treatment and doc confirmed at the time the fissure closed. Currently I'm on week 11 of the start of nitro treatment. Been suffering with on and off bleeding for +5 years before that but pain started 4 months ago.
Anxiety plays a lot of tricks, I deeply understand what you feel. Something I recommend is that you try to make deep breathing exercises. They work for relaxing and managing pelvic pain.

As far as you keep your stools soft, doesnt matter what you eat. Everyone is different. Fruit is amazing.

Missy! I do a red lentil dahl that you can adapt to any veggies you like: https://veggiedesserts.com/red-lentil-dahl/

I also do lots of pies with oat dough (mixing oats, oat flour, olive oil and water) and fillings with spinach. I also suggest that you try to make "layer cakes" with sweet potatos and broccoli, or sweet potatos and mushrooms, or winter squashes.

On daily basis i lunch vegetables soups, i just chop everything i found, put it in a pot and boil. Then i freeze portions. That is amazing for gut health.

Also I make chickpea hummus and eat it with whole wheat bread or cookies.

Something i recommend is nutritional yeast: you can add it to soups, salads and almost anything, tastes like a slight grated cheese (salty) and a spoon has 5g of fiber.

And my favourite meal is lentil stew. When i dont know what to cook i boil some lentils (you can use a can or two of lentils or combine lentils with black or read beans). I put onion, carrots, a bell peper, olive oil and minced garlic in a pot, soften them like 10/15', add a can of diced tomatos, water or vegetable broth, potatos, sweet potatos, squash or whatever you want. You can add peas also. When everything is soft, add the cooked lentils and voila!
You can use any condiments yoy want, curry or paprika, salt and pepper. I often add tofu in dices. This traditional dish is done here with meat, sausage or chorizo but i do the vegan version just for better digestion!
Last edited by Worstyear on 15 Oct 2021, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.
Worstyear
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby missy moo » 11 Oct 2021, 00:00

Yum thank you so much i saved the link i will absolutely make the red lentil stew yum!! I love curry dishes so I'm sure it will go down a treat.
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Camry » 11 Oct 2021, 19:59

Worstyear wrote:Hi conifer! Welcome!
Like missy moo asked, have you done any medical treatment? If not, I strongly suggest that you do if you can! Medications are really good and you will feel better. And if everything fails, you can still have LIS.
I use miralax (peg) because it's not dangerous for long term use, and magnesium citrate for the same reason. They are very good stool softeners and may help in the long term.

I havent bled after 3 weeks of nitro treatment and doc confirmed at the time the fissure closed. Currently I'm on week 11 of the start of nitro treatment. Been suffering with on and off bleeding for +5 years before that but pain started 4 months ago.
Anxiety plays a lot of tricks, I deeply understand what you feel. Something I recommend is that you try to make deep breathing exercises. They work for relaxing and managing pelvic pain.

As far as you keep your stools soft, doesnt matter what you eat. Everyone is different. Fruit is amazing.

Missy! I do a red lentil dahl that you can adapt to any veggies you like: https://veggiedesserts.com/red-lentil-dahl/

I also do lots of pies with oat dough (mixing oats, oat flour, olive oil and water) and fillings with spinach. I also suggest that you try to make "layer cakes" with sweet potatos and broccoli, or sweet potatos and mushrooms, or winter squashes.

On daily basis i lunch vegetables soups, i just chop everything i found, put it in a pot and boil. Then i freeze portions. That is amazing for gut health.

Also I make chickpea hummus and eat it with whole wheat bread or cookies.

Something i recommend is nutritional yeast: you can add it to soups, salads and almost anything, tastes like a slight grated cheese (salty) and a spoon has 5g of fiber.

And my favourite meal is lentil stew. When i dont know what to cook i boil some lentils (you can use a can or two of lentils or combine lentils with black or read beans). I put onion, carrots, a bell peper, olive oil and minced garlic in a pot, soften them like 10/15', add a can of diced tomatos, water or vegetable broth, potatos, sweet potatos, squash or whatever you want. You can add peas also. When everything is soft, add the cooked lentils and voila!
You can use any condiments yoy want, curry or paprika, salt and pepper. I often add tofu in dices. This traditional dish is done here with meat, sausage or chorizo but i do the vegan version just for better digestion!

Did you go for the lis worstyear?
My crs said no need for surgery. Af really takes time to heal…time and patience. Skin down there is twice as sensitive than our outer skin. It is really very important to make our stools soft. Stool softness is really something I am trying to figure out. The type of milk shake kinda thing. :lol:
Camry
Salt Bather

Postby missy moo » 12 Oct 2021, 01:29

Camry how many years did your surgeon say it takes to heal? Before you should get surgery?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Camry » 12 Oct 2021, 02:17

missy moo wrote:Camry how many years did your surgeon say it takes to heal? Before you should get surgery?

Since it is a chronic fissure there is no definite timeline. Mostly prevention and watching your diet he said. I read some post here about not obsessing about it. Anxiety can play a huge role. Thats the problem with this fissure the retear is whats causing it not to heal fully. I was ok for almost a year or so until the past weeks. So i guess i am back at it again.
Camry
Salt Bather