update.....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

update.....

Postby New mum » 18 Jan 2011, 01:19

So its now been 9 weeks since lis, went to crs today but he didnt do anything I opted out of that one it was like pap smear type rrrr no thanks.
He was suprised that I still dont feel even 90% she said I should have felt back to my old self at week 2. He is meant to be the best crs in the city but I think he must be just that the best surgeon and not the rest. He has no idea about the rest, told me I could have been at the gym at week 2. I still dont want to start the gym this early maybe in a few months.
On a good note I was forced to have 2 days with out baths dues to floods here in aus, and I have came out good, so I am just going to go back to 1 a day.
Hope everyone is healing well
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: update.....

Postby Guest » 18 Jan 2011, 11:40

Hey New mum,
are you still having fissure pain or just a little sore?
I'm 3 months post op tomorrow and I feel pretty good. I feel like I could go to the gym, but I'm not,Lol
Yeah, I don't think the baths are as crucial as they are in the beginning. I take about 2 a day now, sometimes one.
Good hearing from you:)

Postby New mum » 19 Jan 2011, 03:12

Hey dawn,
Somedays I feel no pain others its soreness and pinching it could also be the fissure not sure. I think I might give it another month then start to do some exercise besides clleaning and running after my daughter, I am sure my butt will tell me then.
Glad to hear u are feeling well, have u stopped using cotton wool and water to wipe? I am still using it I dont think my butts ready for even wipes yet
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 19 Jan 2011, 09:13

Hey New mum,
Yeah, I use the cotton some, but to be honest most of the time I shower off down there and just blot the area with a wipe or cotton once in awhile. My bm's are like clock work and always happen in the morning at home.
I'm not sure if I could just wipe it like nothing ever happened and not have any problems. I'm still too scared to mess anything up since it's all been going pretty good.
I would definitely give it another month with your healing. I had some irritation at the point your at, because I always got some leakage, but no fissure pain. I do remember for about 7 weeks a prickly feeling but my crs said that would go away and was the fissure and it did. I never was in pain though.
I'm 3 months now and the irritating feeling and the leakage is slowly fading away....
I think I'm going to start walking for exercise pretty soon.
I doubt I will do anything strenuous for a year though. I'll stick with walking, aerobics or maybe some yoga. I've been playing just dance with my little girl on the wii and realize how out of shape I really got during this but it has been almost a year with the fissure and lis recovery.
Good talking to you:)

Postby Guest » 19 Jan 2011, 09:16

Pss... I've been 4 wheeler riding w/ my husband for a few weeks now and haven't had any problems with that, but like I said before I really take it easy and drive myself, not with him,Lol

Postby Cagirl » 19 Jan 2011, 21:44

New mum - I'm with you. I don't know if I feel 90%. I did manage to stand for about a 2 hour stretch but I'm not about to try out for the Rockettes anytime soon. I'm afraid to do anything, but I am sore and a week ago got some slight stinging fissure pain and bleeding. So I have no idea what's going on and I for sure wasn't ready to work out at 2 weeks post op, LOL! What on earth are these CRS' thinking anyway?!?!
I haven't taken baths since week 2 probably, due to the kids, so I'm sure you'll be fine without them.
Here's to better days for all of us!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby New mum » 21 Jan 2011, 20:11

hey cagirl how are you feeling now???
how many weeks since ur lis???
and its now been a week of only having 1 bath a day and i feel ok. and its very nice to be able to jump in with my daughter (was worried about germs before) she loves a big bath haha.
The last few days i have been feeling a bit of a pinch and something else maybe like a stretch dont know but i guess i will still have some of those days for a while. but it doesnt stop me from doing the usual.
one other thing ladies, i know before my lis sex was way out of the question but now i am not sure if i should leave it a bit longer???? any ones experiences??
THanks for listening again....haha
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 21 Jan 2011, 21:07

6 weeks worked for me new mum :oops:

Postby Cagirl » 23 Jan 2011, 22:08

Dawn, LOL.
Oh New Mum, I don't know how I'm doing. I should be jumping for joy, but I'm soooo tired of this Miralax every-flippin-day and not eating any dairy. And so tired of not feeling 100%. I get the pinches and zingers too and every now and then some light bleeding for a couple days. I'm tired of my quality of life being what it is now and I really don't want to get used to my new normal. I'm a ray of sunshine, eh?
And as for my marital duties, LOL again, I have no idea what to do - feeling hot is not what I'm feeling at this moment. ;P Dang Dawn, you hot momma probably swingin from the chandelier Image , you're certainly more woman than I am! Image
I really want to get off the Miralax and IF I can, maybe that'd lift my spirits some?
What are your issues? And how are you coping? Because I'm certainly not.
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby New mum » 24 Jan 2011, 04:34

Hey cagirl, I agree with everything u say and I am feeling all the emotions u r 2. Sometimes I just think why me!
Big hugs
I dont mind been sore as long as each week I feel bettter but thats not happening still feel crap. Have u seen ur crs about the bleeding???
and dawn 6 wks there is no way I could have done that and came out of it ok hahaha
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist