my turn, i guess....

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

my turn, i guess....

Postby happyass » 18 Jan 2011, 16:09

hi friends,
tomorrow is the day i go down and get my happy ass LIS'd!
tomorrow i say goodbye to laverne and shirley for good and i hope it does not bring later a lenny and squiggy!
i haven't eaten much today. just had a fresh juice made at a vegetarian place with apples, beets, carrots, ginger and sweet potato. it was delicious. for lunch, i had 6 prunes in hot water along a hot cup of cranberry apple tea sweetened with honey. tonight, i will enjoy a big bowl of miso soup broth - i will not add tofu. with some hot jasmine green tea. and that will be it.
i have been practicing my enemas as i gave myself one yesterday and one this morning. and now i will have to do one tonight and one tomorrow morning. i will have to get up early as it usually takes about an hour for my body to release it.
i don't know if it was too many enemas or that i have had quite a lot of gas the last couple of days - i have eaten lots of tofu and veggies stir fry and i tried this delicious aloe vera juice, which i think personally did add the extra gas somehow, but i ended up getting slightly irritated down there. so i guess it is good because i was feeling rather in a cured state since the 29th. no bleeding or obscene pain, so i am very thankful.
i am very scared.
trying to contain it somehow.
i don't know how i will get up tomorrow and face the music as i will walk to the center all by myself. i am sure i will be inundated with emotional thoughts and multiply the feeling of loneliness, although i am not alone. i am in good company with all of you and have had wonderful friends from a far wish me well.
i am mostly scared of the post-op pain.
i am very scared that getting rid of laverne and shirley will be like a big mistake....but again, i can't live my life in fear of what is growing down there. i pray to God that it is simply an overgrown skin tag. it will be sent for pathology.
i hope that whatever pain meds i am given, they work like a charm. i really don't want to feel anything. i am in awe by those of you who kicked the pain meds like in 24 or 48 hours! like, wow!
i know i am just going for LIS + skin tag removal + some warts removals + a look and see...i just want to be healthy down there and done with it. i hope all will be well.
i have to show up at 8 a.m. Eastern Standard Time and my turn comes up at 9 a.m. if all runs on time. it was quite hectic this morning with ice everywhere on the sidewalks.
i hope all of you will send me happy thoughts and keep me in prayer (if you do).
i am glad that all of you are here. it makes this much more comforting even if i don't really have you here physically with me.
now i have to go get some money for the cab tomorrow on the way back. still have to buy some epsom salts for the baths and i have to find time to scrub the bath tub to prepare for tomorrow. oh yeah, two more enemas to go.
my diapers and cotton and gauze pads are ready.
me, not so much ready but i will find a way to be tomorrow.
big hugs to you all,
happy
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: my turn, i guess....

Postby StevePain » 18 Jan 2011, 16:42

Happy..
Best of luck tomorrow, I know how scary it is but it'll be all over before you know it, then you can focus on healing and having your life back, please keep us updated on your progress.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 18 Jan 2011, 17:18

Happy,
I'll try to send you healing vibs and good thoughts during our flight to Florida tomorrow. When I next talk to Dwight, I'll share with him also. Best wishes!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby afugh!! » 18 Jan 2011, 18:47

Don't stress to much on the surgery because that is actually the easy part.Recovery is the part that I hate after surgery.Lots of LIS vets here to guide you so you will be fine.Good luck tomorrow and I wish you the best.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Guest » 18 Jan 2011, 21:04

Good Luck Happy. The pain meds worked great for me. You probably won't need them but a couple of days, I bet!
Saying prayers for you and sorry you won't have company with you tomorrow, but we are here for-sure :)

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Jan 2011, 21:08

Gareth,
I missed this earlier. I knew you were coming up on the big day this month. I know how you were there for me so many years ago...what a difference it made knowing I had a cheering section...
I was scared, too, so scared. But somehow, on the morning of the surgery, I became so calm, everything seemed to be so clear and vivid, I still recall every detail...
You sound like you have prepared yourself fully. I can only say, in hindsight, I would do it again in a heartbeat, without all the fear. You're lucky, I had to be up at like, 4:00 AM.
Yes, let them give you whatever it takes to stay "comfortable" post-op. My mistake was using the pain meds AND changing my diet right after surgery...if I had stayed on the AF diet I doubt I would have had any problems.
I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Bumbutt » 19 Jan 2011, 03:14

I'm thinking of you today all day too!
You sound well prepared, physically and even mentally.
Let us know as soon as you feel like it how you are doing. When you get home, rest and be kind to yourself.
PS - I like your change in Avatar! Image
Last edited by Bumbutt on 19 Jan 2011, 03:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ps
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 19 Jan 2011, 12:40

happyass, hope things went well today bro! Looking forward to hearing your full "trip report" :)
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45