What can I say? This pain is crazy.

Hoping to heal naturally

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

What can I say? This pain is crazy.

Postby Kinboshi » 20 Sep 2022, 03:14

Hi everyone,

I’m 45, F in Australia.

I am in the midst of a really intense chronic fissure journey, and the pain is often off the charts.

I have had little fissures before, but didn’t realise it could get like this. I had ongoing issues with roids as well, and have skin tags, the whole bit.

My job is a really intense one and very busy, and I got into a habit of not drinking much water, and not eating much in the day. That started this cycle of roid/bleeding fissure, and now this chronic and crazy painscape I reside in.

I am on the NG and nifipenidine, a lot of laxatives/stool softeners to make BM less traumatic, however it isn’t helping the spasms at all. I live with a heat pack now and hot bath/shower treatment. Trying more fibre and a lot more water

The pain killers don’t do much. I try to avoid them (constipation) and I also have found that brisk exercise does really help the pain, but a lot of times it’s 3am when the pain comes on and that isn’t feasible.

I’m about to try a fast/liquid diet, even though I have heard it only fixes the fissure and not the spasm.

I am hoping for support, advice, and to hear about how the surgery went. The outcomes sound scary and not that effective for many.

Thanks for reading
Kinboshi

Topics: 1

Re: What can I say? This pain is crazy.

Postby Helpplz101 » 22 Sep 2022, 22:26

Hey there

I'm from Australia too. 30 years old. Have had fissures on and off since 2016 . It's so isolating.

I wish this forum was more active as there is very little support in the real world for fissures.

The main things that have helped me are a sitz bath and upping fibre. However I get a retear once a week. :(
Helpplz101
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Kinboshi » 23 Sep 2022, 02:23

Thanks for your reply. Much love to you.

My main thing now is the anal spasms.

I am on a fast, using hot water and heat packs, daily exercise, alternating nifipenidine and rectogesic, and actually gonna try amyl before a BM.

Will be seeing a CRS soon too.

The pain some moments is off the chart.

Hope you get some relief xx
Kinboshi

Topics: 1

Postby Soretush1 » 06 Jan 2023, 09:39

Hi, I have been battling this for about 6 year on and off. This time it is much worse, the pain doesn't let me sleep and I have a hard time going to work.No one really understands, why should they. This forum helps me know I am not alone but also make me depressed because I see no end to this.
Have been eating so much fruit and veg, lots of water but my BM's are very small. Wondering if I have a blockage. Going to see my GP Monday.
Has anyone tried a liquid diet to go to the bathroom or should I take even more fiber.
Soretush1