Had a Fissure For Over a Year, Unsure of What to Do

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Had a Fissure For Over a Year, Unsure of What to Do

Postby makem3 » 02 Feb 2011, 14:03

Welcome and so sorry you are going through this at such a young age, that totally sucks. Sounds like you aren't in the USA? If you are, I'd get with a CRS right away and move forward with some type of topical ointment? Niphedepene cream works really well here in the states, but what that other doc perscribe is like anusol, not good for the butt, just thins the skin, doesn't promote blood flow to the area, which is what you need to heal.
Sounds like you are eating healthy, I'd go for atleast 2 liters of water in day, lots of fiber and fruits and stick with the stool softeners or miralax, whatever you prefer.
As for some disease, I think if you look up on the internet anal fissures and anal or colon cancer, you will see nothing that links the fissure to these diseases/cancers. I've done a fair share of research and my mom keeps talking about how I'm going to get cancer and that just isn't the case. Have you ever had a colonoscopy? My doc recommended that to ensure that the fissures were because of an overactive muscle and nothing else. IBS was ruled out, colitis, ulcers, ulcerative colitis, etc. I was given a clean bill of health and still had returning fissures. I'm pretty sure that mine were in part due to pregnancy and delivery and my bowels after deliveries. You of course don't have to worry about that. :) Opt for a colonoscopy if you can, that may alleviate some worry on your part, but I'm sure all will be fine. Get that ointment and keep up the high-fiber diet.
makem3
Salt Bather

Topics: 3