Fissure pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fissure pain

Postby StevesFissure » 03 Mar 2024, 09:17

Hi, I’ve been on this forum before under a different account in (2010/11) when I had a chronic fissure and internal hemmies. I remember a few names on here from that time and how helpful people were.

In 2008 I had my hemmies banded which was very painful but seemed to solve the issue for a while, I also had a fissure which I was trying to heal via creams, ointments and suppositories, all prescribed by my GP and CRS to no avail so I was finally referred for LIS surgery in 2010.

After the surgery was worse than the actual fissure pain, I was packed with gauze inside the anus given paracetamol and metronidazole and told I would be fine in a couple of days (as if!) The pain and burning was that intense that I was unable to think of anything else. When I went for my first BM the gauze came out soaked in blood and it felt like I’d ripped my stitches out, I was in agony for days and weeks until the pain became more tolerable but to this day have had many more bad days than good and more recently have developed another fissure hence why I’m here again.

I don’t think I will get surgery this time as the risk of incontinence is high, hopefully someone can relate.

Thanks - Steve
StevesFissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Fissure pain

Postby Sufferingbadly » 05 Apr 2024, 03:58

Oh god! I am in bed having a horrible burning pain. The pain woke me up at midnight. I tossed and turned. Didn’t matter how I laid. I finally got up and went in a hot bath. Hardly helped. The pain kept intensifying. (I had diarrhea today from something I ate)… so I don’t know if I’m just super inflamed but I’m dying with pain. Shivering, cursing up a storm, crying etc. 2 hours have passed now and I’m distracting myself being on this forum. I have a consultation tomorrow for LIS surgery and possible fissurectomy. Your post is making me terrified!!! No way would I want the surgery to basically feel like I do now except even worse!! I’m so sorry LIS wasn’t successful for you. Is your diet bad? Any idea what caused your new fissure?
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby dmcff » 06 Apr 2024, 11:48

Hi, I think you should call an emergency number - your suffering sounds so bad, and you are in a state of anxiety. Let the hospital look after you, that's what it's there for.
2014 Anal fissure
2015 CAT, EUA, sigmoidoscopy, 2 MRI
2016 Pain severe then moderate to low
2017 Moderate pain
2018 Physical therapy, pain management
2019-20 Living with it
2021 Still AF
2022 Therapy, meditation
2023 Onward, up
2024 CT scan
dmcff

Topics: 52

Postby Hazey123 » 15 Apr 2024, 17:02

Hey Steve that sucks. The pain sounds awful. Sufferingbadly how are you now?? Thinking of you all. I’m still in moderate discomfort off and on. It seems like nothing makes it completely heal. One day it will go cross fingers for us all. It’s a horrible thing to live with
AF following skin tag surgery Feb 2022
GTN ointment
sigmoidoscopy & EUA Sept 2022 no fissure found
2nd opinion Jan 2023 fissure diagnosed, diltiazem - allergic
recommended Botox Fissurectomy
3rd opinion - dilation 2x per day plus GTN ….
Hazey123
Salt Bather

Topics: 1