3 1/2 months post-op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 3 1/2 months post-op

Postby New mum » 14 Feb 2011, 22:59

I wrote this big long relay and it dispeared into thin air mmmmm
so a short answer now lol
no problems ever with leakage
only took stool softeners for 2 days after surgery due to pain meds, have taken fibre sups since fissure appeared and it works well.
i am very very careful what i eat still, i want to start exercising to get strenght in my stomach muscles coz i tore them during pregnancy, i never wanted to do too much coz of the fissure then the lis but cant leave it too long or they will never get better which equals no mmore kids.
hope this one works or i am giving up hahahah
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby New mum » 14 Feb 2011, 22:59

lol for above u know what i mean ***reply****
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 29 May 2011, 23:33

Hey Guys,
Just dropping in to give an update. I peeped in a few times and noticed many of the veteran LIS-ers posted updates and I remembered how much it meant to me while having my fissure to see others come back and share their positive LIS experience.
It's been 7 1/2 months since my LIS/ Skin tag removal and things have been really good for me. I still take the miralax- 1/2 of the cap now. I use to take the full 17g's. I'm still not brave enough to go cold turkey, Lol
I try to eat 20 grams or more of fiber a day and can now eat everything I use to but do so in moderation. I still avoid eating too much red meat, bags of chips or popcorn(thanks NG) but I can eat small amounts with no problems. Life is pretty much normal for me now. Thank God!!
I will never forget all the support I received from this board while having my fissure and after my LIS. I was in really bad shape, mentally and physically when I found this place. Depression and fear overwhelmed me as much as the pain.... This forum was a blessing. I couldn't have did it without you all Image
Sorry I checked out for awhile. I really needed a breather after a year of thinking about nothing but fissures...
I hope everyone is continuing to see progress and doing well and to all who are on the fence about LIS, don't be afraid. It gave me my life back. This is the best place to get information and support that I feel can't be found anywhere else:):)

Postby New mum » 29 May 2011, 23:42

so good to hear from you and congrats on getting ur life back. i understand having to take a break from the forum ur healed now so i am sure you dont want daily or weekley reminders of the pain you went through.
remember Dawn you gave sooo much to me and others on this forum so thank you i just wished that i could have followed your healing footsteps.
hugs
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 30 May 2011, 05:58

Hi Dawn! it's so nice of you to post -thanks for the wonderful update. I read your posts many times while I was a lurker and they helped me feel a lot better. You described much of what I was going through and I didn't feel so alone and when you posted that you were doing well, it made my day! Your story and others gave me the courage to get my LIS - thank you!!
I am so happy you are doing so well!
Deleted User 579

Postby happyass » 30 May 2011, 10:12

yay dawn!!!!
so happy you are checking in!
take care and keep doing great.
hugs,
happy
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 30 May 2011, 14:42

Thanks Hope, It's good to know that my post helped. I was terrified and was very grateful for the post that were here. I hope your LIS has been a good experience. I haven't had time to read your post yet.
New mum, I pm-ed you Image It may take awhile but I know you are going to get there! There are many who have taken much longer than I did and they still healed. Stay as positive as you can!
Happy Hugs back to ya and I hope things continue to go well for you. All of your post were very helpful to me while I had my fissure.