Discomfort when bowels are full

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Discomfort when bowels are full

Postby Savaici » 19 Feb 2011, 18:08

I think that this pressure and that sensation that there is always something left behind is the root of all my problems. The pressure to squeeze so much is what has weakened the skin more around my A. I do not feel that anything is further up than the rectum (in fact usually no problem getting everything through the intestine), but that final part is terrible. Very few days without that sensation of knives pressing down, tiny misshapen faeces, and the feeling that my rectum is a glove that has to be squeezed to get anything out of it. Usually what does come is fairly soft, just impossibly difficult to 'finish'. These last couple of days have been an exception with the pains, etc.
My thoughts on this is that maybe the pudendal nerves are involved, as I have coccyx pain, but maybe it is just the pushing that has done it.
It is a mystery for now. All the best to you wonderful people here.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Guest » 20 Feb 2011, 08:06

I had this before LIS but since my surgery and healing I have felt much better. I felt this every day that I had my fissure... I guess this is why I was ecstatic to just be a little sore after my surgery. It was torture before!

Postby Savaici » 20 Feb 2011, 15:02

It is quite wonderful to read the posts that say this feeling of impossible fullness went away after the surgery. Gives me confidence to face the days ahead.
Without this place, would never have known these things. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!!
Savaici
Administrator

Postby desperatehousewife » 22 Feb 2011, 13:07

Savaici and William,
I had that sensation of pooping rocks and then soft mud in the same stool and then incomplete defecation. I also had trouble wiping clean, even after several clean ups. I initially thought it was because of the LIS. The problem was my supplements.
Over the last year and a half I've experimented with just about all products on the market. What works best for me is Metamucil (I'm partial to yummy grapefruit *gag*) 1 tablespoon (box says tsp., but CRS recommended tble spoon so you only have to do it 2X a day) mixed with warm water followed by an additional glass of water for a delicious start to your day. Regular healthy eating througout the day (although it is ok to have pizza/hamburgers once in a while) and then just before you go to bed repeat the metamucil routine.
Poops are now consistent in size, weight, smoothness, can evacuated properly each and everytime, and no mess afterwards. Personally, for me, the movical (restorilax) and benefibre made my poop too goey, which is why it always seemed there was something left over and the million wiper began (Imagine a straw in a milkshake). Hope that helps.
desperatehousewife
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 22 Feb 2011, 14:37

Do you know if Metamucil is similar to Fibre Gel?
Thanks.

Postby StevePain » 22 Feb 2011, 15:21

desperatehousewife wrote: Poops are now consistent in size, weight, smoothness, can evacuated properly each and everytime, and no mess afterwards. Personally, for me, the movical (restorilax) and benefibre made my poop too goey, which is why it always seemed there was something left over and the million wiper began (Imagine a straw in a milkshake). Hope that helps.

I agree on the Movicol making stools way too soft and also know what you mean about the wiping which is why I'm only taking fibre supplements these days, Movicol doesn't agree with everyone, infact it's mainly used for people with constipation or fecal impaction so if you don't suffer with any of those then I wouldn't recommend taking it, it has to be a strong laxative to deal with fecal impaction..
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Savaici » 13 Jun 2013, 07:56

Another good post to bump up...Image
Savaici
Administrator

Postby Please go-away! » 13 Jun 2013, 12:48

Oh no I don't get it, I'm following the doctors orders.THE WATER, THE WHOLE THING..Image Sorry don't mean to scream.
The fiber, the water..I feel full, about to go but can't..I feel relaxed, at least trying the breathing tips...but nothing!
I just want to end it all right now..but Do I really mean it, I don't know anything any more..tired so very tired...
In Canada we call it restorolax (same as Miro lax) Can I take it every day for the week, is that how its done.  That's one thing (product) that my doctor was hesitant on me using.  She would rather me stay on Metamucil..even though it gave me diarrhea, she told me to then cut back on the does..I just don' know any more..too tired:confused:, Can't stop the tears:cry:
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Please go-away! » 13 Jun 2013, 12:51

William wrote:Does anyone else get a prickly pressure feeling when your bowels are full? Basically, it feels like I've got sharp rocks pushing down towards my rectum area. Usually my stool is a bit harder that usual when it happens. It's usually followed by a more-difficult-than-normal BM. This has happened before and after my LIS.
I'm guessing that my tissues are just really sensitive, but does anyone else get this?

Yes I do as well
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15