Discomfort when bowels are full

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Discomfort when bowels are full

Postby William » 13 Feb 2011, 21:18

Does anyone else get a prickly pressure feeling when your bowels are full? Basically, it feels like I've got sharp rocks pushing down towards my rectum area. Usually my stool is a bit harder that usual when it happens. It's usually followed by a more-difficult-than-normal BM. This has happened before and after my LIS.
I'm guessing that my tissues are just really sensitive, but does anyone else get this?
William
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Re: Discomfort when bowels are full

Postby sphinctersaurus » 13 Feb 2011, 23:51

Yep,
I do get this ... pretty much exactly as you describe it. If the BM is incomplete the feeling continues. Othewise it goes away quite fast after a BM for me. I'm only a few days out from LIS, and it is still happening.
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby alpinestrawberry » 14 Feb 2011, 08:06

Yup, same here. Haven't had LIS yet, was hoping it would fix this...but maybe it won't.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Savaici » 14 Feb 2011, 11:11

I had thought that I had rid myself of what you describe, but today is the absolute worse the pain has ever been. The sensation that I have had, just about from the time this whole thing started, was gradually increasing pressure in the rectum, difficulty in peeing, and if not totally 'clean,' then an intense pain in my anus.
In thought that it was a bit better, but today is quite hellish, the pain. I had some soup yesterday as a difference, just half a cup, and maybe that was too much for my system. It is just so depressing. The only thing that is good is that I am at home and can lie on my bed.
Another thing that happens with me is that my coccyx hurts, and I even swell up on the surface of the skin there.
I really thought I had got something vaguely under control, but the whole house of cards have come tumbling down today. I get the Diltiazem tomorrow and am just praying for relief with that. I know that this is not bad in comparison with what some people have to go through in life, but it is just lousy. Image Image Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby StevePain » 14 Feb 2011, 14:33

William wrote:Does anyone else get a prickly pressure feeling when your bowels are full? Basically, it feels like I've got sharp rocks pushing down towards my rectum area. Usually my stool is a bit harder that usual when it happens. It's usually followed by a more-difficult-than-normal BM. This has happened before and after my LIS.
I'm guessing that my tissues are just really sensitive, but does anyone else get this?

Precisely william, infact it makes me want to keep trying to empty my bowels, it happens every day for me, even after going to the toilet several times, it's very rare that it's not present, even the smallest bit of fecal matter brings on the feeling you describe
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Savaici » 14 Feb 2011, 18:58

On my journeys around the net I seem to remember reading something about the rectum being a part of your intestines that should never hold BMs for any length of time, being just a final conduit, so to speak. The trouble is that the anal spasm stops things functioning as they should, consequently leaving some of us with that heavy/incomplete feeling, further irritating the anus.
Open to correction.
And I wish anyone suffering with the pain of this a speedy recovery!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby StevePain » 15 Feb 2011, 14:57

The rectum is basically a temporary store for faeces, just how long it can be stored there depends, if you're severely constipated or afraid to poop for some reason and hold it back then you could get impacted, I know someone that didn't poop for over 3 weeks! they had to be manually evacuated, thankfully I don't suffer from constipation.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby happyass » 15 Feb 2011, 21:43

i actually didn't have that before LIS william.
but i did experience it after LIS. i was not happy. it was one of those things that i didn't describe fully in my recovery notes but i did place it under the 'strange/odd sensations' remark in general.
it kinda put me off and i was somewhat disappointed that i had that new feeling.
this presented itself like during week 2 but didn't follow thru after that week. i don't have that feeling any longer since that week.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Bumbutt » 16 Feb 2011, 03:31

I don't know if it's the same feeling you are describing - but in the AM before I know I have to head to the bathroom soon, I feel like a sharp prick - like something sharp has poked the top of my sphincter in order to announce the upcoming event. It only lasts a couple seconds.
PS - but I haven't had LIS.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby New mum » 19 Feb 2011, 17:20

yep same i had this before Lis and Just After but that feeling went away about 2 months after Lis
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38