3 months post Lis and hmmmm?????

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

3 months post Lis and hmmmm?????

Postby New mum » 17 Feb 2011, 17:15

So its now been 3 months since surgery and i am having a bad week, i am sure its the fissure, there has been no blood or anything since 2 days out of lis. I did have a few bms bigger then normal but nothing that should make thing worse (time of month) i have not eating or done anything i shouldnt.
I know some people are slower healers then others but i am really over this and want to get on with life. I know steve you said you are giving yourself 1yr to heal maybe thats what i should look at???
any advice?? i really dont want to go back to my crs he is a perve and only looks at my boobs, which is extra weird coz i am breastfeeding so they are far from a sexual part of my body, i am sure all u mothers know what i mean lol.
THanks and hope everyone is doing well!
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: 3 months post Lis and hmmmm?????

Postby alpinestrawberry » 17 Feb 2011, 21:02

Oh no! What about stool softeners? Are you still taking any?
Maybe some Miralax/Movical or at least fiber supplements would help you along until the tissues regain their strength. It's got to be a good sign that you don't have bleeding anymore. In reading through a lot of postings here, it seems that some people will still get little tears here and there after LIS, but they heal on their own much better than before and don't become a big problem. Some people are satisfied with that. Oh, and my fissures TOTALLY flare right before my period...I don't think that's uncommon, I've seen plenty of other women post that they experience the same thing (I haven't had the surgery yet though, but I'm planning on it ASAP). I don't know why that happens, but it is what it is. Asking a male doctor about it will probably get you nowhere.
Your CRS sounds beyond creepy--do you mean he's one of those guys who stares at your chest when he's talking to you instead of making eye contact? Totally unprofessional, and gross. I don't blame you for not wanting to go back to see him. I'd give it some more time and try some supplements or stool softeners.
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Guest » 17 Feb 2011, 21:31

New mum,
what does it feel like? Does it feel like it's tearing when you have a bm? I agree with Alpine about the stool softeners or fiber supplement. Sorry you are still having problems. That sucks!
I took my daughter to a GP that I used for years in our town. She was about 16 and he asked her if she worked for Hooters?!! I never went back to the freak since. Talk about unprofessional!

Postby New mum » 17 Feb 2011, 23:28

I am still taking fibre sups,
dawn it feels like its sore like a graze kinda thing, bms are ok it does not really feel like its tearing, but its the same feeling i had before the lis. i know my crs said if i retear it will just heal by itself coz i dont have the spasm, but its not like its a new fissure its the old one well thats where its sore.
New mum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby happyass » 18 Feb 2011, 00:04

new mum,
have you been eating anything that could be causing the "graze" kinda feeling?
well, i would still be encouraged! and though you are in a down phase of the healing, you will go back in an up phase soon too.
my first CRS said to expect this during the first six-eight months. then by end of year, normalcy should be your reward.
you are only 3 months out and i am sure your body is still adjusting to many things. i didn't realize women also could have hormones and "the time of the month" influence how they felt about their post-LIS progress. it's really a lot of stuff on your plate.
do you have diltiazem and/or lidocaine? you may want to revisit using them for a period of time if you found them useful before.
i hope you have a good weekend.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby StevePain » 18 Feb 2011, 03:09

New mum wrote:I know some people are slower healers then others but i am really over this and want to get on with life. I know steve you said you are giving yourself 1yr to heal maybe thats what i should look at???

If it's any consolation, I've had about 3-4 weeks of really bad discomfort/pain, infact the majority of my post-op time has been really rough, I've only had the odd week here or there when there was next to no pain, which is why I've defined myself as being a "slow healer" and decided to give this thing another 6 months healing time, at 1 year I would hope to be as normal as possible, personally I think this is a very reasonable time frame for ano-rectal surgery recovery so hang in there New mum, you may just be a slow healer like me!
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 18 Feb 2011, 06:32

Steve,
I feel for you and your hurting butt! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 18 Feb 2011, 14:02

Thanks cheryl, I appreciate the support.
It won't beat me though, I have a very positive attitude towards this, and setting myself a realistic goal of one year post-op to get anywhere near normal shows just how determined I am.
BTW cheryl, mind and body connection Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 18 Feb 2011, 14:07

Oh yes, we both believe in that connection, Steve, and research proves it exists!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Cagirl » 22 Feb 2011, 22:08

Sheesh Newmum, I'm sorry you're still in pain. Is there a nurse at the CRS' office who you can speak to over the phone instead?
I've had the stomach flu (or an IBS bout or something) and had no choice but to go off the Miralax and I tell you it's helped me tremendously! I'm thanking my lucky stars for the stomach flu! Now I'm just taking Benefiber and things have improved significantly for me. Perhaps, just changing something around a little may work wonders? Like Happy suggested, maybe some lidocaine?
Or trying sitz baths and a heating pad for a few days? A different fiber supplement? I think the Miralax was burning or something....something not good.
And Steve, I sure hope things improve for you soon!
Cagirl
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?