Bambi Day 11- achy all over!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Bambi Day 11- achy all over!

Postby Bambi » 27 Feb 2011, 19:50

So I have been out some the last few days- not anything huge. Went to the bank and the library with hubbie Friday. I did go out to eat with my daughter and husband last night for an hour or so, which as fun and a boon to my psychie. Went to the mall to two stores with my daughter today (probably standing an hour, in the car 30 minutes). But today I am just clobbered. I came home and after my daughter went home, I just went upstairs and immersed myself in stupic reality TV I had recorded weeks ago for this purpose. I don't have a fever and have kept up my regular soaks, water , fiber, all that and didn't have much pain with BMs which is all good, but I just feel like I got run over by a truck! I do have fibromyalgia and I wonder if my inactivity is beginning to make that kick in. Or is it just that I did too much? I feel like such a "weenie".
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Re: Bambi Day 11- achy all over!

Postby happyass » 27 Feb 2011, 20:20

hi bambi,
i didn't know u had fibromyalgia.
maybe a combination of that and the "emotional" trip that you noted a few posts ago, perhaps it's just dragging u down a bit.
do you take anything for the fibromyalgia? cymbalta, if you have never tried it, works to perk u up and also to help with some effects of fibromyalgia.
are you taking vitamins?
maybe a nice massage will perk u up! it can help circulate new oxygen in your body and help facilitate the removal of toxins stored up.
enjoy your evening!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Bambi » 27 Feb 2011, 20:28

Thanks Happy-
Yes, I've had it for years, but it has been much better over the last year. That's ironic somehow, isn't it? So I tried my relaxation exercise I do and I do have an acupuncture appointment scheduled on Tuesday, which I think will be good on several fronts. And I do take a low dose of Zoloft for it. Cymbalta really made me sick to my stomach when we tried it a few years ago. I am just going to try taking it easy and yet walking around the house some tomorrow as well. I took my temp again a while ago and it was ok so I don't think it is anything else more alarming like infection.
Oh- vitamins! I had been taking Fish Oil and that is one I haven't added back in post surgery! Maybe that is part of it.
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby happyass » 27 Feb 2011, 20:40

well maybe you just need to have some good sleep tonight.
excellent that u r doing acupuncture. i love that!!!!! i am trying to get an appt tomorrow.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Bumbutt » 28 Feb 2011, 01:49

Hopefully it was just that... that you have been less active, and still are in post-op mod, and that return to activity tuckered you out!
I also went out to eat this past weekend for the first time in a long time too. It felt like a nice return to normality, even if you do have to be careful with what you eat....
Hope you had a good rest!
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7