Lesser pain equals healing?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Lesser pain equals healing?

Postby mk87 » 03 Mar 2011, 03:51

I've been struggling with this chronic ******* for a while now.
I haven't had much pain while it was acute tbh, I only found out I had a chronic one once it was, well chronic.
So far i've been dealing with it for 6.5 months, with most pains coming from what the CRS said, hmm skintag. But i have never seen pictures of one, only external skintags on your arms, or whatever. Are skintags always external? because from the outside there's nothing visible.
Anyway, around January the pain of the skintag started to subdue. It's still noticable and most pain from BM comes from the area where the skintag is. So in January it started to subdue a little, but the wound and all is still present as it was months before and months before that, maybe a slightly different texture on the inside, but im not 100% sure about that
Now for the past couple of weeks the pain is again a little bit less. But sometimes flares up.
Now since a day or two i've started using the ointments differently, instead of smearing it over the wound, which only aggitated the area. I've begun smearing it around it. Which relaxes the muscle etc.
I don't have painful spasms, if I do have a muscle spasm it's noticeable as if you bowels are full.
Anyway, the pain getting less, is that either a good thing or a bad thing. Bad as in it's getting more chronic by the day, or good as in it's probably healing Image
I still believe in getting rid of the pains. I've seen plenty of stories where people have gotten rid of their pains. not sure if that meant getting rid of a skintag. but i don't mind for it as long as it's not painful anymore....
I mean, if pain becomes lesser, than that's good.
mk87
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Lesser pain equals healing?

Postby mk87 » 03 Mar 2011, 08:57

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=829218
this first post of this guy pretty much sums up the same situation im in.
It's not full on glass feeling. it's just discomfort with regular bowels. So it's weird... everyone you hear about fissures it's about unbearable pain etc.
mk87
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 03 Mar 2011, 13:02

Hey there,
Fissure's aren't always unbearable. I had one for 8 months before having my surgery. I would have weeks without unbearable pain with just a little discomfort.
Skin tags are on the outside. They can swell and shrink depending on how irritated they get. They form with chronic fissures.

Postby alpinestrawberry » 03 Mar 2011, 13:15

Right, it isn't always the full on 'passing a broken lightbulb' feeling. When it becomes chronic it's usually less painful than the acute phase.
But it sounds like you're on the right track with the ointment. Hope it continues to get better!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby mk87 » 04 Mar 2011, 00:30

dawn wrote:Hey there,
Fissure's aren't always unbearable. I had one for 8 months before having my surgery. I would have weeks without unbearable pain with just a little discomfort.
Skin tags are on the outside. They can swell and shrink depending on how irritated they get. They form with chronic fissures.

When you meant on the outside. you mean it's on the outside of the muscle/sphincter, or it's going from the inside through to the outside?
I think i have a small hem or something. on the inside and next to it a fissure. With maybe the hem preventing everything from really curing up.... Im not looking forward to the sigmoidoscopy but perhaps that will tell me what it really is, instead of them feeling and just saying ah, fissure okay.
mk87
Salt Bather

Postby Bumbutt » 04 Mar 2011, 01:48

Hi mk, I have some of the same thoughts and questions. Am I healing or is the fissure just going in to a chronic phase? Maybe you can look at the Zingers thread, since I have tried to write down some of my symptom experiences. Your case sounds similar to mine. I've had this fissure for about 5 months now - I developed a skin tag at 3 months (for a photo of a skin tag, look at the link under Bobcats Skin Tag thread). My skin tag seems to originate from up inside the anal canal, but sticks out.
I had a sigmoidoscopy a week ago, and the doctor said the fissure was not healed. By the way, I explicitly asked for some pain killer/sedative for the sigmoidoscopy, which wouldn't have been done if I hadn't booked it ahead of time, so you might want to consider this - although all doctors are different.
Yes, it will give you some answers - I would recommend having a list of questions for the doctor (I assume a CRS?), if you get to talk to them afterwards. How big is the fissure, how deep is it, where is it, how tight is my sphincter, how many LISs do you do a year, how long does it take a fissure like mine to heal, are all the symptoms I feel coming from the fissure?
Of course I'm still wondering if I'm healing or just maintaining... for me the major pain has subsided, and the dull ache remains. I'm easily set back, such as this AM, when going to the bathroom twice in a short time gives me an 8 hour ache rather than a 2 hour ache (a good day).
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby mk87 » 04 Mar 2011, 02:13

Thing is, this "skin tag" doesn't look anything like what I have...On the pictures it looks as if it's a little lump, or a little piece of "meat" sticking out.
I have this scar tissue like feeling and it's on the sphincter, near the inside. Not visible on the outside.
Im going to have the sigmoidoscopy without painkillers, I don't think it will be that bad. Had a couple of exams from docs and the last one felt just uncomfortable, but not overly painful.
mk87
Salt Bather

Postby Bumbutt » 04 Mar 2011, 02:19

Hmmm - well, guess you will find out what it is. My skin tag looks like that photo...
I wanted a sedative because I kind of freak out mentally during exams. It's not necessarily the pain. Even with morphine, I went reaching to pull out the tube... that's just how I react. I personally don't think they gave me enough morphine to do much of anything... the first part of the exam was just uncomfortable - there was also a second part where they used a bit larger scope, which stretched the fissure and caused a little bit of pain, which only lasted a couple minutes at most. Of course, everyone and every doctor is different, so your experience might be, as you said, just uncomfortable but not painful. The best thing is that you will get the information and know what is going on inside your body.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby mk87 » 04 Mar 2011, 02:29

It won't be a walk in the park on a sunny day. But i hope it won't be too bad.
As for the skin tag, does anyone else have the same type of skintags as in bumbutts thread?
In that case it might just not be a skintag that I have but the actual wound perhaps.....
So ya, when i have the scopy done, im hoping they could tell me a little more on what's going on. Maybe it's just a hem that's causing all the problems. maybe that could be cured with a hem ointment or something. I dunno...
mk87
Salt Bather

Postby mk87 » 05 Mar 2011, 16:59

As of yesterday afternoon i had little to no pain.
The morning started with a burning sensation, but I've previously had those type of feelings when my bowels were full. And every time i had a BM it would bleed, pain would be gone and in an hour or so it would be throbbing again.... So this time I used some ointment and did a BM. No blood loss and slowly the pain disappeared...
Hopefully i can keep this up and get it sorted.
mk87
Salt Bather