Has anyone tried Canasa suppositories?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Has anyone tried Canasa suppositories?

Postby Island girl » 07 Mar 2011, 11:05

Hi,
I have been on the site for about a month now. I have been dealing with trying to heal my fissure without surgery. For the past ten years I was succsessful in keeping it at bay. I have been about three months in my current situation of pain. I don't have a CRS where I live , but have been seeing a very good GI doctor. He just prescribed me some Canasa suppositories. They are not normally used for fissures..but for other GI issues like inflamation of the colon. They seem to be a internal anti-inflamatory. He had a patient with a bad chronic fissure and it healed with the use of these. It sounds reasonable. A little afraid to put anything up there right now..so still haven't tried them. I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or used them? Thanks, Island Girl :)
Island girl
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Has anyone tried Canasa suppositories?

Postby StevePain » 07 Mar 2011, 13:14

I've heard of them (vaguely) but wouldn't recommend pushing anything like that up the bottom with an active fissure, I draw the line at using my finger to administer creams/ointments. Sometimes suppositories can be quite hard and would scrape the fissure on the way in, that's my opinion but it's up to you.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45