Am I healing?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Am I healing?

Postby Sue44 » 08 Jun 2011, 15:19

hi, I'm new here, I've started a thread in the intro section, but I just wanted to say I'd never heard of a Sitz bath and having looked at the link above posted by savaici, it looks so simple! I think I might have to think about buying one of these.
Sue44
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Eliza » 08 Jun 2011, 15:21

Go for it! And they are not expensive either.
Eliza
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby Sue44 » 08 Jun 2011, 15:35

Eliza wrote:Go for it! And they are not expensive either.

yes, it's not a bad price at all. Definitely worth a go. I get paid next week, so I'll order one then.
sorry a bit OT, looking at the smilies, I thought this one said "I've made a poopoo" Image :oops: :D
Sue44
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby aus78 » 08 Jun 2011, 18:15

Hi, Eliza, thanks for your words and it is very encouraging that you have mostly pain free days... today is quite painful for me, i did some mowing yesterday only for about 10 minutes, i am getting so frustrated not knowing what makes a good day or a bad day, if too much physical activity does it? Did you notice that during your acute healing phase? It is such a crazy ailment to have, may your days get brighter and brighter Image
aus78

Postby Eliza » 09 Jun 2011, 03:48

Hi Aus78,
I can't say that I noticed physical activity made it worse or not. I was having to deal with a baby and a toddler so just had to get on with it most of the time. I think the general advice is that gentle physical activity helps. I do a lot of walking and that didn't seem to make it worse. I look back with regret at all the times I 'lost it' with my children because I was in so much discomfort my tolerance level just plummeted. With my husband away a lot of the time there were occasions when I just screamed at the children - poor little mites it wasn't their fault.
I can remember trying to see if there was a pattern to the level of pain or bleeding but gave up in the end as it was just a case of two steps forward and one or sometimes two steps backwards. I just realised over the months that things were improving compared to how I used to be. For example I used to take my daughter to ballet class and sit there in stinging agony but now I sit there and feel normal, thanks goodness!
I take it you've got the diet sorted and now do nice soft poos? It really is the only way you will heal without intervention.
Hope you are feeling better today.
Eliza
Fibre Addict

Postby aus78 » 09 Jun 2011, 04:21

Eliza, your post brought tears to my eyes i can so relate to that bad mother guilt, My 8 year old was yelling at me this morning telling me he hated me and my f%*$>?! bum, In saying that my family has been really tolerant...My day usually gets better after midday the pain subsides... Im vegetarian, i live on fruit,museli, brown rice vegies raw and cooked.. tofu, avacados, tahini, soy milk.. haven't been constipated for 10 mths.. I find myself really treasuring my children when i feel good and so so greatful that they havent got sore bums, thankyou so much for listening to me, i truly appreciate it.
aus78

Postby Eliza » 09 Jun 2011, 14:26

Hi Aus78, the pain used to be with me until after mid day and sometimes 4pm. The worst thing was if I went to the loo twice in one day because that meant I wasn't comfortable at bedtime either! Image I've just remembered something else that shows me how far I've come along the healing mess: I used to sob down the telephone to my husband quite regularly and haven't felt the need to do that for some weeks now.
When I change my daughter's nappy I always think how lucky she is to be able to poo so easily and I vow that I will never let her or her sister get into the state I was in.
I'm glad if my experience of this awful afliction is helping you in some way. I'm sure that with time you will heal and one day soon hopefully you will message me to say how much better things are! Image
Last edited by Eliza on 09 Jun 2011, 14:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
Eliza
Fibre Addict