small hole the left of anus after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

small hole the left of anus after LIS

Postby slhall » 17 Mar 2011, 11:19

Hi all - I had the surgery (LIS for 2 fissures, skin tag removal) 8 days ago. Doing just ok. BUm still swollen and bruised. I noticed that I have a small hole the right of my anus.... anyone else have that? Should I be concerned? I have a call in to the doc, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had anything like that?
slhall
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: small hole the left of anus after LIS

Postby desperatehousewife » 17 Mar 2011, 14:11

A hole I think is abnormal. I hope you get in contact with your surgeon ASAP as from what you are describing, you could have developped a fistula. It is an abnormal tract from your rectum to an outside source. Then again, perhaps it is not a hole as you think and it something more benign. You should really see a doctor for a diagnosis rather than guessing on the internet and listening to people like me, lol. Am wondering if you have a fever or significant pain? I'm 13 days out of my second LIS and my bruising, swelling from the surgery subsided about a week ago (minus the incision site). Everyone is different though. Call your surgeon again, and keep us posted. Good luck!
desperatehousewife
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Re: small hole the left of anus after LIS

Postby slhall » 17 Mar 2011, 18:13

That's what I thought.. fistula!! I called the surgeon and he said no worries, it's where they went in for the surgery and it would heal inside out... hmmm. I sure looks like a little hole, of course, I haven't probed. 13 days hus? Means I have another week. I still am swollen, and I get sharp shooting pains every now and then where i think the skin tag was, but also just right up my bumm hole.. trying not to use codeine but I do use tylenol, valium and sitz baths. Plus, I'm only going ot the bathroom once in the morning. I'm taking mineral oil, milk of mag, prune juice and fiber.
slhall
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4