Good luck tomorrow Frustrated!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Good luck tomorrow Frustrated!!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 Apr 2011, 09:13

Hey Frustrated - if I'm not mistaken, your surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I just wanted to say good luck! Everything will go brilliantly. Think positive thoughts ... and remember we are here for you. Image
Deleted User 579

Re: Good luck tomorrow Frustrated!!

Postby frustrated » 24 Apr 2011, 17:47

You are so kind.. thanks for thinking of me. I am a bit nervous, but I just read SS's update so I am optimistic.
How are you doing?
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 Apr 2011, 18:00

I completely understand why you would be nervous! But it was really great to get SS's positive report and I'm sure we'll be getting a similar report from you very soon too.
I've had a rough couple of days - lots of blood (possibly from a new fissure), burning, throbbing - ouch!!! My poor hubby gets so upset when I cry he wants to go punch my doctors! He feels so helpless ... So he cleans and organizes all the cupboards. Our home is very organized now!
Even though the thought of it really scares me, I'm kinda hoping I'll get the surgery too. I just want all this to be over. I really want my life back! I am so happy for you - I I just know you are going to feel so much better after the surgery and you'll get back to your life when you recover. :) :D
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 24 Apr 2011, 21:07

Yes good luck frustrated! On one hand I'm jealous, I wish it was just over! On the other hand I have 4 more days, I'm nervous... The thing is I'm off the ibuprofen and my pain is no better than it was this time last year. After everything. So I know this is the right decision. I'll b thinking of you tomorrow your surgeon will b nice and rested from the long weekend and it will go well! We will all be eager to hear about your recovery...
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby frustrated » 26 Apr 2011, 16:39

Surgery went well...about 30 hours post LIS now and I just had my first BM. It was not too bad and I went right into the tub after. I was only in the hospital for 5 hours...2 of those were just waiting around to go into surgery.
I haven't taken the percocets because I don't want to worry about constipation, but I am downing the Ibuprofens.
Hope...I forget why you aren't scheduled for surgery yet?
I hope you can be soon and get this over with.
Elphie...good luck on Friday. Get some movies to watch...the lighter the better. We watched The King's Speech last night and it was great, but I did find it hard to concentrate and was fidgeting alot...trying to get comfortable.
Gotta go lay down now...
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Deleted User 579 » 26 Apr 2011, 16:49

Hi Frustrated! I'm so glad your surgery went well. That's great news. My doc wanted me to try the dilt for 4 - 6 weeks. I go back on May 10. I really don't know what to wish for, but I'm thinking surgery would be better than constantly worrying about re-tearing.
I loved The King's Speech. It is a bit challenging to find good light movies. I've started watching British tv shows. Doc Martin is one of my favourites - it's funny, light, doesn't require a lot of concentration and each episode is only about an hour.
I hope you found a comfy position and that you are getting lots of good rest!
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 26 Apr 2011, 18:37

Thanx, I'm definately getting anxious. Tomorrow I can only have a light breakfast and then clear liquids the remainder of the day then enemas... The pain I'll b in after the drive in Thursday morning will just remind me where I need to be....
I'm glad for you that you got thru the surgery and the first BM! You, alpine, Bambi, all the success stories r encouraging. SO glad I found this forum!
I'm planning a Harry Potter marathon...it's light and it'll keep my husband and three yr old outside!
Hope your healing is fast!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby alpinestrawberry » 27 Apr 2011, 07:00

Frustrated, I'm so glad you're done w/the surgery! I hope you're taking time for yourself, resting and relaxing as much as you can. The first few days are fairly painful (at least for me) and hard to walk around, but after that it gets better fast.
Elphie, good luck good luck good luck! You probably won't read this until after your surgery, I'm sorry I didn't get to wish you well yesterday! But I hope it goes smoothly and you'll be home recovering before you know it!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Elphie » 27 Apr 2011, 10:59

Hanx alpine, hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll be seriously sleeping on a table while the big cut happens, today I just concentrating on not eating, it feels wrong not to be on my AF diet and not be drinking any fiber sups but I'll b ok til later when I have to cook supper for everyone! I'm making food I don't like and usually avoid anyway so I won't b tempted. I'm so glad you r all doing well, I'll let u know how it goes...
Elphie
Fissureologist