It's finally over! Easy peasy!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: It's finally over! Easy peasy!

Postby rockpine » 30 Apr 2011, 13:26

Congrats on getting the surgery behind you, Elphie!
I agree, the first thing I thought when I woke up in the recovery room was that it wasn't that bad and why didn't I do this earlier!
Wow, I'm glad that I didn't know any of the surgical positioning details. The candy cane stretchers and ankles behind the ears sound horrid! I was content in my apathy and to waking up in the same placement as when I came in. Image
Enjoy the pampering. My first thought was that I'm kind of like a little kid that needs help feeding herself and getting things. My mom is staying with me and I keep asking her for more water, cookies, and she cleans up my dishes.
rockpine
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Bambi » 30 Apr 2011, 16:15

yes- do enjoy the drugs and the pampering! So glad to hear you have this behind you. These positioning techniques - I have no idea how I was positioned. Yea- on to better things now!
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby Bambi » 30 Apr 2011, 16:17

And I know what you mean about the Canadian "eh?". My mother-in-law grew up in Canada and my husband still does that sometimes. I find myself on here wanting to say things like "all ya'll are great" or whatever. "All ya'll" is a great plural form in my opinion!
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby alpinestrawberry » 30 Apr 2011, 21:32

Hey Elphie!
I didn't use any ointment at first. I didn't want to touch the area at all, it was too sore for applying anything.
I also didn't want to look at it for a few days, I thought it was going to look like a firecracker went off in there or something! But it didn't look bad at all, I think my surgeon was really very gentle. The bruise was less than the size of a quarter around the errr...opening.
Hope you're enjoying yourself some! It's the end of a long, long road....
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Elphie » 01 May 2011, 06:09

Ok. First BM outa the way, not bad, fluffy soft and no glass! Right into the tub tho because wiping was scary! I didn't take meds before bed and went as soon as I woke so hopefully there's no pain coming later! So far so good! I'll let u know how I am in an hour when the burn normally starts...
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Deleted User 579 » 01 May 2011, 06:39

Yeah, Elphie! Way to go :)
that must be a relief! I hope you are resting in comfort right now. It really sounds like everything is going very smoothly for you so far. I'm so happy for you! Do keep us posted on how your day goes - we're rooting for you to have a wonderful pain-free day :)
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 01 May 2011, 07:25

There's been maybe an hour of stinging maybe a bit of throbbing, the heating pad was making it worse but it seems to b easing now. Had a couple of zingers but still no fissure pain. Still on parole!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 01 May 2011, 07:50

I'm very sure that the stinging/throbbing will subside over time, with each day of healing. Your butt's still traumatized - but it's great news that there is no fissure pain! You are doing really well, Elphie! :D
I hope you get to enjoy your lawn chair today. It's cold and cloudy where I am :(
Deleted User 579

Postby Bambi » 01 May 2011, 07:52

Did your CRS mention using an ice pack Elphie? Mine recommended it for the first day every couple of hours or so and to use it again if it helped. I found it to be helpful for some pain relief during the first week. Take frozen peas or crushed ice in a bag and wrap a small towel around it. Lie down on your side and put it between you and the back of the couch or something like that. No more than 20 minutes on at a time. I found it helpful and I think he wanted it as a way of reducing some of the bruising and slight swelling from the surgery. My daughter had to remind me to use it one day when I was having some pain even after meds. She texted me- "What about your ice?" and it really did help ease things. I found the heat to maybe stir the pain up a little in the first week, but sometimes alternated with the cold. I figured if it is good for a sore ankle or knee, why not?
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Elphie » 01 May 2011, 08:25

I'm going to get an ice pack right now! Funny they didn't mention this, Bambi, but u r right it makes complete sense!
Elphie
Fissureologist