It's finally over! Easy peasy!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: It's finally over! Easy peasy!

Postby Elphie » 03 May 2011, 08:06

So day five, lost a stitch so after that there was some itching, throbbing, onto the ice pack seems to help but otherwise all is still good.BM no problem, feel like I'm almost back to normal. No incontinence, no leakage so far, well worth it!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Deleted User 579 » 03 May 2011, 09:41

Great news, Elphie! I'm so glad the ice pack is helping too. It sounds like you are healing very well. Soon, bit by bit, this will all be behind you. I hope you're getting lots of rest and remember not to push yourself too much, even though you are feeling better. Today is a good day for resting, at least where I live - rainy and cold - a good movie day! :)
Deleted User 579

Postby Bambi » 03 May 2011, 10:28

Wow- everyone is doing so well and that is great news! MBPaul- that is an amazing way to have it all happen. I used to fantasize about something like that happening. So I almost wouldn't have a choice. I'm so happy for you that this all fell into place for you and you are doing well. Elphie- I think you were the one who just said something about regular pain not being that bad. It is very different, isn't it? I will never regret having the surgery. My skin tag area is a tiny bit riled up this morning after a couple of burny, soft poops this morning, but I know it will resolve in a day or so.
Yesterday, other than my husband's appointment and all, my actual physical self almost had that "back to normal" feeling we all aspire to. Just two BMs- one in the morning and one right before bed, both formed, soft and not painful at all. No irritation externally all day. I wonder if my anxiety produced stomach acid that came pouring out this morning..?
But things are going up and up, with an occasional tiny blip.
Glad the peas have helped!
Bambi
Bambi
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 72

Postby mbpaul » 03 May 2011, 19:19

This is day 2 after my LIS. Sunday after I left the hospital, I felt OK initially. But, after the anesthesia wore off I begun to feel really horrible pain. Luckily for me, two Vicodin pills and the pain became somewhat bearable. And, Monday and today (Tuesday) I feel almost normal; no painkillers necessary!!! My post op care consist of siltz bath three times daily with application of bandage/dressing and application of nitro-bin ointment. I have to stay home for seven days (However, today I was feeling so well I went to NYC with my wife to visit our daughter). Elphie mention packing that was placed in her bum, but I got nothing like that. By dressing is a large square bandage taped across my butt. Each time I have to change the dressing I scream because the tape rips off half the hair on my butt!! But, alas, a small price to pay for relief from AF.
mbpaul
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Elphie » 03 May 2011, 20:03

Yay for no packing!! I'm happy for you, isn't it amazing the difference? In just a matter of days? I still took my meds until today and as long as I don't overdo it I wouldn't even know I ever had a fissure. I probably couldve stopped before now but I was afraid. This, unlike AF pain, I can deal with! And I have confidence, that if it does hurt, a pill will take the pain away, unlike the fissure which was UNCONTROLLABLE pain. I'm happy you are doing so well, and glad you are getting on with it! I'm happy for us all and I hope you take note of bambi's frozen peas advice, it helps with the itching which will start soon... Glad to hear you are still doing well, Bambi, despite everything else going on.
I haven't tried driving yet, that used to ruin the best butt day, how do you all find it?
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby ss616 » 04 May 2011, 17:11

About Day 7 I started driving.. It was fine.
Honestly the throbbing pain is gone... actually all pain seems to be gone other than the occasional itch/zinger.
Even though I am taking full 16 days worth of medical leave, I'm at Day 12 and feel great.. only issue is the mucus/discharge and I can see the AF is still healing. That's the main reason why I'm taking it easy so the AF can truly heal and good new skin grows over it.
I must say though, medical leave for me is brutal.. I can't wait to start working again.
ss616
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby Elphie » 07 May 2011, 17:51

So it's day 9 and I've been down since yesterday with the flu and all the joy that goes along with it. I was very worried and down this morning because I had an "accident" right away I think "oh no! The dreaded incontinence!" even though all has been going predictably well for the last week. Since then I've been ok but 5 BMs later I'm a little tender and it stings so back to my bag of peas! I was also unable to keep my metamucil/ miralax cocktail down last night so I was pretty worried! At least it seems to b getting better now, was finally able to eat supper, but have a pounding headache so may have to take painkillers tonight for that! Hopefully, since tomorrow is mothers day and my last day off, I'll get to rest all day. My husband is also back to work Monday so it'll be back to routine for everyone. Now I'm crossing my fingers that my girls don't get the flu too! Well, it was a good test for the new sphincter, which held up ok, still haven't heard even a whisper from the Dragon so all is good. Hope everyone else is having a good butt day, and to all my fellow mom's and mom's to be, grandma's too, happy Mother's day and I hope your AFs give you a day off!
Last edited by Elphie on 07 May 2011, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mistakes
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Elphie » 07 May 2011, 18:00

Oh and I did go for a drive yesterday, ss, and it was just like before AF, no sqirming, adjusting, nothing. Miraculous !
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Savaici » 07 May 2011, 18:41

Great news! So happy that all is going well for you, Elphie.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 07 May 2011, 18:44

Just saw that you said you've come down with the flu. Look after yourself with that. I just had a horrid week of it. Worst in years, and still not breathing right. Keep well and healing. Em
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222