It's finally over! Easy peasy!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

It's finally over! Easy peasy!

Postby Elphie » 28 Apr 2011, 19:33

I just got home, the drive back was WAY better than the ride there! So far so good, I'm off to bed but I'll give you the details tomorrow, but like you all said, it was a breeze! Course I'm still pretty numb and worried about that packing but o so glad I did it! Thanks everyone I couldn't of done it without you!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Re: It's finally over! Easy peasy!

Postby alpinestrawberry » 29 Apr 2011, 06:02

YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!! Image Image Image Image Image
It is an easy surgery....way easier than all the worrying about tearing and pain and bleeding. Now, enjoy your meds!!! And take it easy as much as you can, which I know is hard w/kids.
So glad it's over for you!!!!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Deleted User 579 » 29 Apr 2011, 06:59

Congratulations, Elphie!!!!!
Image Image Image
I'm so glad the surgery went so well! Now you can rest and focus on healing. Way to go! I'm so happy for you!
Deleted User 579

Postby Elphie » 29 Apr 2011, 08:01

Thanks, you all really did get me thru it, I told everyone during my four hour wait about u guys( I tend to babble incessantly when I'm nervous) they were very nice to me and when they saw I was in pain upon arrival they helped with that too...my doc was much nicer and friendly than he's ever been before and put me right at ease. I did get a little worried when they were prepping the OR and I heard them mention the "candy cane stretchers" I don't want to know! They told me I didn't want to know about position either but I suspect it was the ankles behind the ears cuz my stomach muscles are sore when I cough. I have been unable to get the packing out as of yet but I'm gonna try again after sitz bath. No burning though!
I am sooooo glad I did it! Hope u all continue on your path to healing and those of you contemplating surgery, it's definitely not as scary as I previously thought. All I feel today is some discomfort and a GREAT sense of relief! Let's hope it worked!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Postby Deleted User 579 » 29 Apr 2011, 08:24

Hey Elphie! you've definitely been very generous with your support and advice so I'm very glad we could help you too. That's what I really like about this forum - you don't often see people so helpful and supportive in the 'real' world!
It sounds like you had a bit of an adventure yesterday - that was quite a heck of a wait, eh? (OMG! I am SO Canadian!) I'm so glad that you're not in pain today. Perhaps the discomfort will diminish once the packing come out. It's so great that everyone was so nice to you.
I hope you have a comfortable, healing and restful day Image
Deleted User 579

Postby alpinestrawberry » 29 Apr 2011, 08:59

Hey you!
Four-hour wait, ankles behind the ears, candy cane stretchers....oh dear God. The things we endure in pursuit of a better butt!!!! Image Ugh.
At least the epic battle for sphincter domination is OVER!
You'll be in a beach chair sipping vodka-n-metamucil before you know it!!!
alpinestrawberry
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby frustrated » 29 Apr 2011, 12:28

Yay Elphie!
Take it easy...I'm on day 5 and it's still tender as hell, but not as bad as the first 2 days. I think my skin tag removal is what is really hurting me though.
AStraw...Ah the beach chair...sounds wonderful. I don't know if I have ever looked so forward to summer.
frustrated
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby spamfree1232002 » 29 Apr 2011, 12:43

Hi Elphie,
And welcome to the start of the rest of your post-AF life! That really is wonderful news - both for you and anyone contemplating such an intervention.
Do rest, stay warm, do all the good things and keep us all up to date - and you may want to update your mood perhaps?
Cheers, Stephen
spamfree1232002
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby cherylk » 29 Apr 2011, 18:31

Congrats, Elphie, and wishing you continued healing!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Elphie » 30 Apr 2011, 11:08

Today is better, still no BM but no cramping either, lotsa gas so I know it still works! Frankly the body aches r worse than my butt, I've switched from percoset to Tylenol 3s to see if they work better the percs really buzz me out! He's got me taking celebrex so I'm not taking ibuprofen yet either but still no burning! I have some nasty clamp bruises (candy cane?) near my tailbone maybe that's why some have tailbone issues after. I have some stitches down there but to be honest, I haven't had a good look yet... I think I need more time for that. I know it feels puffy and I can feel stitches but I haven't thought of putting any ointment in there yet. Alpine, did you use any ointment after or did u just let it heal on it's own?
I'm also taking some guilty pleasure in that my husband is getting frazzled and keeps saying things like " it's pretty hard being the mom and the dad you know" I just laugh cuz he travels alot and I play this role alot. He's doing a good job, last night he made me corn on the cob...with real butter! It was good, I'll wait a bit for the popcorn I think.
So, all in all, day two of recovery is going well, no fissure pain at all, but I'll let you know after that first BM, thanks to you I'm not nearly afraid as I thought I would be. Thanks everyone!
Elphie
Fissureologist