Old fissures + new to the forum

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Old fissures + new to the forum

Postby jis76 » 01 May 2011, 04:46

So a little bit of an update. Had my 2nd BM after the starting the Nifedipine and have had some improvement. It could be from a variety of factors (I'm taking colace again at the doctors suggestion, plus got more exercise yesterday). There was less pain on BM, but there was still some blood. I'd say it was a 2 out of 10 today, where as it was closer to a 5 a couple days ago (and 8 out of 10 when this started). The burning lasted less time than before.
I can feel the spasms starting to come on again, but they lasted less time yesterday than the day before that, and the day before that. This has really become the most troubling symptom I have. I am pretty sure it's spasms, kind of like a deep dull pain down there?
The marker that really seems to show improvement is that I have less pain when doing my kegels Anyone else do the kegels? I do the kegels probably too much to test where things are at. Yesterday I did a few with no pain... that was a pleasant surprise.
The other thing that seems to be helping with this is the prunes and figs I have every night before bed. Seems to really help regulate me, and I have noticed a difference on the days I don't do this.
Time for my morning bath (I'm sooooo damn sick of baths!!!!)
jis76
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Elphie » 01 May 2011, 06:56

Well, the first BM was not too bad, I'm a little sore and tender now but still not like before! I've been taking 1 1/2 doses of miralax, benefiber morning and night and metamucil before dinner. I hardly felt it coming out now I have a slight stinging on my left side, I'm assuming this is where the cut is, and it feels sore and achy but nothing like the dragon! I'll keep you posted but rest assured, I still think it was worth it! Hope you're having a good butt day everyone!
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10

Postby Deleted User 579 » 01 May 2011, 07:10

Jjs - I'm so glad the nifed is helping you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it continues to do so. I don't do kegels - perhaps I should, but I don't want to trigger spasms or burning, so mostly I focus on relaxing as much as possible! I really hope you continue to heal with the ointment. :D
Elphie - congratulations on the successful BM! May all your future BMs be satisfying and comfortable!
Deleted User 579

Postby rockpine » 03 May 2011, 23:05

Welcome, jis76!
I just had LIS (along with a fistula and hemorrhoid removed) last Wednesday and even though it is too early to really tell, I think the surgery was good for me to do in the long run and wasn't as big of a deal as I had imagined.
Post-surgery, I don't feel the BMs coming out and I can tell that "the pathway" is cleared out to make things move easier and the sphincter is much less spasmatic during BMs. Just soreness and some post-op pain from the incision after a BM, but that will heal in time and is much less painful than a fissure.
LIS is a good option for relief of AFs taking over your life, time, and money. Things are getting better for me each day.
rockpine
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Elphie » 04 May 2011, 10:56

Yep, me too. Day six, took ibuprofen this am cuz it felt a little swollen after BM but otherwise, nothing.... I feel a little pain if I'm on my feet too long or in an odd position but otherwise I feel like before I had the AF. I do have the odd spasm but it doesn't even make me flinch. DON'T be afraid of this surgery! I know everyones different and I still have to watch my diet and fiber for maybe a long time... But THE FIRE IS OUT!! Everyday I don't feel that familiar slow burn that precedes the day of hell, I'm still amazed! I feel like I'm just coming out of a coma...night and day....
Elphie
Fissureologist

Topics: 10