Milk allegy and anal fissures?

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Milk allegy and anal fissures?

Postby seili » 16 May 2011, 21:29

Has anyone been diagnosed with this as an adult?
I have read that children often have the milk protein allergy and it can cause anal fissures, but it sounds like it is rare for an adult to develop this.
seili
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Milk allegy and anal fissures?

Postby NotHappyJan » 23 May 2011, 06:38

I have a milk protein allergy but don't think it's associated with my AF at all. Have had the allergy all my life (though when I was a bub was incorrectly diagnosed as being lactose intolerant - it was only as an adult docs & I figured out it was a milk protein problem after a ridiculous amount of pain and medical tests).
Have you been diagnosed as having a milk protein allergy? My bod can't deal with cow's milk and goat's milk protein but sheep's milk seems to be okay in limited amounts.
NotHappyJan
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: Milk allegy and anal fissures?

Postby seili » 02 Jun 2011, 20:47

Thanks.
I haven't been diagnosed with a milk allergy...the doctor's aren't yet sure what my problem is....
I've just been trying elimination diets to see if one of them helps. When I was younger, I thought I might be lactose intolerant because I was the complete opposite of constipated. Never was once in my life until I was about 26.
I am also wondering about washing that area with soap. I didn't start that until I was about 26, so maybe there is a connection, though, that seems too easy.
seili
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4