PFD and AF

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

PFD and AF

Postby bigfish » 27 May 2011, 10:18

Hey all. I'm really glad I found this site. About three years ago I began having constipation and urination problems, as well as muscle spasms (triggered and/or intensified by ejaculation). I was diagnosed with pelvic floor dysfunction, where my pelvic floor muscles where not coordinated and my anal sphincter and other muscles were in spasm. I treated the constipation with miralax, suppositories and digital stimulation, and did a lot of relaxation exercises, and after over a year the worst effects of the problem went away. I still rely heavily on suppositories and digital stimulation, but the constant spasms, discomfort, urinary and sexual function problems had gone away.
About five months ago I got constipated and sustained an AF while doing digi-stim. It bled a bit but didn't hurt. I went to a doctor and he said it would likely heal it self, so I forgot about it. Recently it has started to cause pain, and my PDF symptoms have resurfaced (spasms, very tight sphincter, tight abdomen/abdominal pain, bladder pain, etc...) I know that my fissure wont heal under these conditions, and I am now afraid that doing the digital stimulation will rip it further.
Does anyone have any experience with managing AFs with pelvic floor dysfunction? One of the treatments for PDF is massages of the abdomen and of the pelvic floor through the anus. I imagine that would be quite painful with an AF.
I appreciate any suggestions or advice you can give.
bigfish

Topics: 1

Re: PFD and AF

Postby Savaici » 28 May 2011, 11:46

I have some sort of PFD but cannot imagine doing anything through the anus with the pain ihave plus a tight spincter and pressure. I suspect my problems with my PF arose from pushing to poop all the time. Hope someone might come up with suggestions for you. Em
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222