Scope Results..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Scope Results..

Postby Deedee62 » 01 Jun 2011, 11:10

Everything went good - I was well cleaned out (I was worried about that). No polyps found and he didn't do any biopsies. I do have mild diverticulosis and a spastic colon. I will have to go back in 5 years for my next one.
He gave me some photos -a good one of where the fissure was and how big it was. Hopefully, it will continue to behave so I can have more pain free days!
Dee
Deedee62
Salt Bather

Topics: 16

Re: Scope Results..

Postby Guest » 01 Jun 2011, 11:47

Hey Dee,
Glad everything went well for you. I didn't have a colonoscopy while having my fissure. I was scared to death to have one, so in my opinion you are very brave!!
I hope your fissure continues to behave for you too! Take care:)

Postby alpha » 01 Jun 2011, 11:52

Well, I did colonoscopy few months ago.
Colonoscopy itself was not difficult at all. Only pain I felt was when they put a needle in my arm to supply some fluids. I fell sleep and wake up, everything was done.
The difficult part was prep the day before. Lots of miralax drink. It made me vomit few times too.
Anyway they removed 2 polyps and they were turned out to be the ones that could turn into cancer.
I will need another scope within a year.
alpha
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 579 » 01 Jun 2011, 12:04

Congratulations DeeDee! I'm so happy your results were good!
So you actually got to see your fissure?? That's pretty neat! Does it look like it's healing? I find the spastic colon diagnosis interesting - is that not what folks used to call IBS? Do you know if they made that diagnosis with the scope or have they ruled other things out? Just asking because I know people who were prematurely diagnosed with IBS when they actually had food allegies - they suffered for years before they figured out they should just eliminate certain foods and they would be fine.
I'm so happy your scope was clean - that must be quite a relief! I hope you're having a great day :D
Deleted User 579

Postby Deedee62 » 01 Jun 2011, 12:28

Yes -spastic colon is another name for IBS. He ruled that based on process of elimination. I had always suspected it myself. So I will try the Librax to see how that works. I have to be a little more cautious with my diet regarding diverticulosis, but he said I could occasionally eat popcorn (which I love) as long as it doesn't bother me after. I find that my biggest problems happen when I am stressed - then everything I eat bothers me.
The fissure is closed, but there is an obvious scar(?) that shows exactly where it was. It was a long one too. It is still closed and the dr was very pleased that the prep didn't open it back up or irritate it.
I am beyond relieved & having a loopy but good day!
I highly recommend Nifedipine ointment - I used it religiously because if I missed 1, I knew it. It takes time and patience, but it worked.
Deedee62
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 579 » 01 Jun 2011, 13:43

Yeah DeeDee! It's so great that your fissuer healed! Good for you! :)
And, the other good news is that you can still eat popcorn (sometimes)! I miss popcorn ... :) It sounds like the diverticulosis is pretty mild. I hope the librax helps.
This is really good news! I'm so happy for you!
Deleted User 579

Postby Savaici » 01 Jun 2011, 14:46

Glad that your scope went well and that you are having success with the nifedipine. That is what I am on too, and hoping for the best. Been at it since first week of April. All the best, Deedee.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deedee62 » 01 Jun 2011, 16:05

Stick with the Nifedipine - I hope it works for you as well as it has worked for me!
Deedee62
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 01 Jun 2011, 16:18

I will keep at it! I started putting it internally, but have gone back to putting it outside as it seemed to increase spasms. It all seems like trial and error, but hopefully all will be well eventually.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deedee62 » 01 Jun 2011, 17:29

I used it completely externally. The doctor suggested taking a cotton ball, tearing it in half, putting the ointment on it and putting it up against the fissure/holding it in place between the butt cheeks for 20 minutes, 3 x a day
Deedee62
Salt Bather