Well now I'm confused...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Well now I'm confused...

Postby stuckOnHold » 10 Jun 2011, 00:56

I finally went to see the CRS last week after waiting almost half a year. It's been a year and a half since I got the fissure, I've tried all conservative treatments and I was all set to hear him say that I needed surgery. I was bracing myself for the news.
To my surprise, he examined me with proctoscope and he said he can no longer see the fissure! I'm elated that the damn thing has supposedly gone after a year and a half, but now I'm really confused: It definitely doesn't feel totally right down there, sometimes BMs can be sore or uncomfortable, and I can get the most horrendous internal itching during the day. The CRS says he could see internal haemmorhoids and that is the likely cause of the itching, but I have had that sensation for months and do wonder if it is going to go away on its own. Plus most people who have internal piles aren't bothered by them. The CRS discharged me from care—I get the impression that they don't really think piles are serious.
So now I'm supposedly 'better' even though I feel pretty crap most days still. Don't get me wrong, I have it easy compared to some of the guys on here, I'm lucky not to have the whole broken glass ordeal when I go for a BM, but it's still a real drag. Just having that constant itch and soreness and still having to lube up which is something I'd rather not do.
I've stopped taking GTN for two days now and without the GTN for some reason it just feels unbearably sore and itchy down there. Has anyone noticed this? I'm wondering if I have in some way become dependent on the ointment to feel normal. I may start taking it again simply to relieve the itching
stuckOnHold
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Well now I'm confused...

Postby Bernie » 10 Jun 2011, 01:37

I'm watching this with interest. When I saw the CRS in April, he saw no sign of a fissure, but suspected that I did/do have one because of spasming when he examined me. I am worried that when I go back, he still won't see anything, and I'll too be declared 'healed', even though I'm almost certainly not.
Bernie
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby stuckOnHold » 11 Jun 2011, 09:00

I just a sharp painful BM. Something's not right, even if they say it is.
I have previously had a visible fissure and had botox. Now under examination the CRS says it cannot be seen and everything seems to be in order apart from haemmorhoids.
Bernie do you have any hemm's too?
If you explain to them that you are suffering I'm sure they will try to get to the bottom of it.
stuckOnHold
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Savaici » 12 Jun 2011, 17:17

When I saw the CRS he also told me could not see the fissure. I believe it's not uncommon, but I know something's happening, and it's not hemmys. Been there, done that. In what I've researched, it's most definitely not uncommon for it not to be seen. But you feel the reality of spasms. I had pain on the outside which seems to have improved, but whether that is with the Nifedipine or the Vaseline, don't really know. I am going to start on Nitro and Valium, and hope to get some pain relief from one of them! Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby cherylk » 12 Jun 2011, 20:06

My local CRS told me I was healed after about 7 weeks, but I knew that wasn't correct even though he couldn't see anything any longer. Sometimes I think there may still be damage to the area that is not discernable to the naked eye.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 13 Jun 2011, 06:31

I agree with cheryl, there may still be damage to the area even if the actual fissure is healed, I believe this is my case b/c of the occasional set backs I get, also, hemmies can form as a result of the trauma of the procedure which can be bothersome.
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45