Good luck tomorrow Val!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Good luck tomorrow Val!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 14 Jun 2011, 07:18

Hey Val - I don't know how early in the morning tomorrow you are off to surgery, so I thought I'd send this good luck message out to you now to make sure you got lots of hugs before you go off to battle.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
I hope the usual pre-surgery jitters aren't getting to you too badly today. You're a very brave woman and I know you are going to come through this brilliantly.
We are here for you if you need encouragement before you go in and we will be here when you come back to offer support and sympathy.
Deleted User 579

Re: Good luck tomorrow Val!

Postby val » 14 Jun 2011, 08:29

Image Image Image Image
Thank you so much, it is such a comfort to be where people truly understand!
Funny enough I'm not really nervous - I hope that's not a bad omen, I am usually a total nervous wreck, like really, really bad! I'm blood and needle phobic and literally cry when I have a blood test (a real baby) Image Blood just makes me faint!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 14 Jun 2011, 09:17

I'm not a big fan of blood either. I get pretty freaked out when I see my own blood, especially when it comes from places it shouldn't!
It is definitely a good omen that you are not freaked out. That means you are going into this in a very good state of mind, and that is really important, as you know, to having a good outcome. I think you are very well psychologically prepared to do what you have to do to get better for good.
Are you able to do something fun today or is it all just pre-surgery preparations?
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2011, 09:19

Good Luck tomorrow Val! We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Stay positive:) Image

Postby val » 14 Jun 2011, 10:39

Thanks Dawn.
I'm actually worried that I'm not worried. LOL how crazy is that??
I haven't done any pre-surgery stuff, well except pack stuff to go into hospital with. I've been really busy today taking my son to a home-ed meeting, shopping , cooking - you know, all exciting stuff haha! It's probably a good thing, keeping busy!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby cherylk » 14 Jun 2011, 11:01

Good luck, Val. Be sure to get back to the people here with the results of your procedure!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 14 Jun 2011, 11:23

Hey Val,
Ya know I don't think that's a bad thing that you are not worried and keeping busy. We can only do what we can do in this life and worrying never helped anything, Lol
You are doing the best thing you can by getting this surgery and there's no need to worry. Just take it one day at a time as I know you already probably know by previous surgeries.
I have a feeling that this is going to be the ticket to the pain free butt you deserve!!
I will be checking in to see how things are going for you. Take care and keep us posted.
Image Image Image

Postby Deleted User 579 » 14 Jun 2011, 11:38

It is great that you are keeping busy. Whether or not you're crazy, however, might have nothing to do with that! I'm following your excellent example and keeping myself busy too ... tidying the house and doing laundry (how exciting!). Maybe I'm crazy too :D But I say crazy is good Image ... At least it works for me.
This will definitely be the ticket to a pain-free new butt for you. And you definitely deserve it!
I think it must be coming on to 6pm where you are. It's 1:30pm my time. I'll be checking in this evening and tomorrow too.
Deleted User 579

Postby Deleted User 579 » 15 Jun 2011, 07:06

Hey Val! I said a few prayers for you last night before I went to bed and a few more when I woke up this morning. That's a lot, actually, since I don't usually pray! I hope they work. Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and hoping that you are doing as well as can be.
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 15 Jun 2011, 08:30

Val,
You are in my thoughts and prayers today. Hoping your surgery goes well.