Anal fissure and something else?!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Anal fissure and something else?!

Postby Sue27uk » 18 Jun 2011, 03:23

Em, hope you feel better today. I felt alot better yesterday, then had to go to the loo today - oh dear! In alot of pain :( Am dreading trying to work on Monday. Yes I do get pain in my tailbone, well its more of an ache which then gets sore as the day goes on. Thank you for the advice Val, I am considering going private for a consultation if no joy at my next hospital appointment. That hasn't even come through yet, so no date to even work towards. Think I'm going to have a bad day today, oh well hopefully tomorrow will be better Image
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Sue27uk » 20 Jun 2011, 09:47

Hmmm, next hospital appointment 13th september and thats only with the general surgical team. My doctor is chasing it up, but I don't hold out much hope. Am leaving it another 3-4 weeks then paying for a private consultation. I don't intend to keep suffering like this.
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby MattMecham » 22 Jun 2011, 22:57

Sue27uk wrote:Hmmm, next hospital appointment 13th september and thats only with the general surgical team. My doctor is chasing it up, but I don't hold out much hope. Am leaving it another 3-4 weeks then paying for a private consultation. I don't intend to keep suffering like this.

Sue, I got my anal fissure about three years ago, and just had the surgery March 30, 2011. The fissure would cause immense pain for about three months, and then go away for three or four months, and then come back for three months, and so on. I was scared to get the surgery, because it seems like I visited all the wrong websites that talked about LIS (I developed a chronic fear of being rendered incontinent if I even THOUGHT about having LIS done!). Well, here I am, three months post-LIS, and feeling like the biggest damned fool for putting it off for almost three years, and needlessly going through all of that suffering. I could have had the surgery anytime I wanted it, but I let fear dictate my actions.
For me, and most people, the surgery was a snap, as was the recovery. I have had ZERO fissure pain since I woke up from my surgery. I do have to wear diapers, though . . . JUST KIDDING! I hope that you find the solution that is best for you. You are in my prayers.
Semper Fi,

Matt
MattMecham
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Sue27uk » 27 Jun 2011, 14:07

Thank you Matt. I tried going to work today and couldn't cope with it so had to come home. It was the car mess which was uncomfy and I got pressure again. Strange as alot of the pain comes and goes now, just been left with pressure which is really worrying me. Not sure if it's related to the fissure. Oh well, I can walk down my road now, sit for longer and bear very short car journeys - small mercies! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist