My 10 month post-LIS hell

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My 10 month post-LIS hell

Postby StevePain » 21 Jun 2011, 14:54

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the support Image
My GP had to reschedule my appointment to thursday for some reason (grrrrr)
I'm still having pain/burning issues after passing BM which can last for hours or even days, I've lost count, it's a worry to say the least because it reminds me of the days before LIS, I'm also worried at the prospect of this pain coming from an abscess although I can't see one and I don't have a fever etc, on the other hand it could be the return of my hemmies, if it is hemmies acting up I want them removing, I just can't tell what's going on but it's annoying the cr@p out of me.
I also have diagnosed BPPV to contend with which is making it very hard just to type on here, what am I like huh? Image
it's like my head is screwed and so is my a$$, my GP just loves me hahaha, he doesn't know whether to lie me down and finger my a$$ or shove something in my earholes!!!
Of course, I'll keep this thread updated
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby cherylk » 21 Jun 2011, 15:46

Steve,
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 22 Jun 2011, 15:18

I managed to find my old tub of Diltiazem (over a year old) which I'm now using liberally in and around the anus, I've also used Nitro a few times this week combined with Chamomile ointment to help aid healing, can't tolerate the Nitro headaches at moment because of my BPPV so I'll be using Dilt only for a while or until I get to see a consultant, back on a strict diet for now...
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby StevePain » 23 Jun 2011, 14:12

Have been to see my GP this morning who basically examined me from the outside, he didn't want to aggravate anything by inserting his finger but told me that everything (from the outside) looked fine, no abscess or inflammation and that nobody would ever know that I'd had surgery in that area because there was no scar..
I wasn't convinced though but I'm not a doc right?... Who knows what could be lurking on the inside, surely the rectum wall needs to be felt or at least viewed to rule out the possibility of hemmies and/or a fissure..
Anyway, he knew I wasn't convinced and has referred me to see the CRS that performed my LIS who will use a proctoscope to get a clear view of the rectum, this is what I want b/c as it is I have no idea what the hell is going on in there, I have to wait until July to see him but it'll be worth the wait.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby val » 23 Jun 2011, 14:29

That's good that there's no inflammation or anything sinister. Although sometimes if we know there's something "going on", it's better that they do see it, it's frustrating when they say there's nothing - well, unless there is nothing of course!
Shame you have to wait until july, but it's not too far away. I know that anything other than the next day feels like forever though when you're in pain.
Hang in there, hope things get sorted soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby cherylk » 23 Jun 2011, 14:57

Steve,
I''m with you. Why else would they have proctoscopes if not to INSERT and VIEW what is going on inside? :roll: Hope you will be sedated so as not to have too much discomfort!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby StevePain » 23 Jun 2011, 15:18

cherylk wrote: Hope you will be sedated so as not to have too much discomfort!!

Me too cheryl, just want to know what's going on inside
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 23 Jun 2011, 15:33

Good Luck Steve,
I think that your butt looking good down there is a good thing, even if there may be something still going on. Someone posted something the other day about their butt basically looking like a train wreck and Dr. didn't want to do anymore surgery Image
Hope you get some answers soon. Take care!

Postby StevePain » 25 Jun 2011, 14:11

Thanks Dawn.....
Can't wait to see the surgeon that performed my LIS... needless to say, I have a handful of questions for him!!
Watch this space.
StevePain
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 25 Jun 2011, 18:11

Your welcome, Steve.
I can imagine you have a long list!
I will be watching , praying, rooting for you in this neck of the woods. :D