Just had banding - one 'fell off' after 8 hours.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Just had banding - one 'fell off' after 8 hours.

Postby lexi » 01 Jul 2011, 18:06

Hello all. Ive been researching my colonoscopy....
Yesterday i had my second colonoscopy. The first one was roughly 5 years ago where the doctor banded 3 hemerroids.
Yesterday i also had 3 hems banded. My operation was at 3pm in the afternoon, and i was home after 5pm. Pain level good, alot of wind when i woke up which was to be expected.
At about 12 midnight i went to the toilet, no stools, had a wipe and found on the toilet paper a black band.
I am thinking two bands were done internally, and the third was done on the outside of the opening to my bowel as i was aware by self-examination that there was a hemerroid 'thingie' there.
So it had been roughly 8 hours from the operation until that band come off. I realise bands 'fall off' on their own accord when their purpose is done, but i was wondering if anyone else had experienced this so soon after the proceedure.
Thanks for reading!
lexi

Topics: 1

Re: Just had banding - one 'fell off' after 8 hours.

Postby val » 02 Jul 2011, 09:34

Sorry can't help as I've never had that procedure.
Welcome to the forum though, and hopefully someone will be along soon who has knowledge of such things.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby StevePain » 02 Jul 2011, 15:32

I had my hemmies banded in 2008, and I lost two bands after the first BM (about 8 hours after the op) I noticed two little blue bands floating in the bowl with some blood, from that day on I think the op was a failure so you are not alone
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby lexi » 03 Jul 2011, 02:19

Thanks. Second one fell off yesterday. I was told i had three done. Figure i have one left, unless... they place more than just the one band on each... especially at the enterance to the bowel??? Possible i suppose.
I was happy enough with the proceedure, but.. the prep is much worse. The fasting, etc.
I am going to get back in contact with the surgeon tomorrow, first thing Monday morning. After suffering and putting up with the pain and daily bowel motion trouble, im rather annoyed after gaining all the strength to actually make the appointment and going through with the proceedure. A big deal for me.... and many others.
Thanks again, i shall be sticking around :)
lexi

Topics: 1