the pain is terrible.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

the pain is terrible.

Postby jenny » 08 Jul 2011, 20:54

Hello my name is jenny. had anal fissure for 7 months but in the last 2 weeks the pain was terrible. Went to my er room and was told that i was fine and given ultram for the pain, said maybe had a lesion. After leaving er room was in so much pain that decided the next day to drive to another er that was located 1 hour away for another opinion because i just could not stand the pain. the next er told me i had a Fissure, they gave me Prerparation H suppostires and stool stoftners and was told to call Colon rectal doc. After calling 2 docs i was able to get in today for a appointment and the doc put me on nitro and i am feeling some better tonight. Any good ideas on what i can and cant eat with this condition. thanks....
jenny

Topics: 2

Re: the pain is terrible.

Postby holymoseph » 08 Jul 2011, 21:52

Hey Jenny. I know exactly what your going through. I have been tho the ER 3x's and honestly most the stuff they've thrown at me hasn't really helped much. Idk what a preparation H suppository is but I do have the suppository with hydrocodone in it and that had helped some. And then other times it burned like hell when I used it.
Stay away from dairy and any other non-friendly food groups. Spices etc. Somewhat blan diet should help with the passing stools better. Hopefully the nitro helps for you. But being that you've had it for so long you may want to consider surgery.
Taking warm baths often will help also. Tucks wipes help when going to the restroom. Do not use the preparation wipes, they can irritate you. Thats what my Dr. said. Tucks is the way to go.
From my experience it seems ER doctors are not the best at treating a fissure. I've even been given loratabs to help w/ the pain but that can stock ya up as well.
Hope you heal quickly. I can certainly relate to the intense pain.
holymoseph

Topics: 1

Re: the pain is terrible.

Postby Guest » 08 Jul 2011, 22:37

Hi Jenny,
A fair amount of soft fiber foods are what works best for fissures. I usually ate around 20 grams but you may eat more. You just don't want to over do it. You should avoid any foods that can constipate or make bm's harder like dairy( especially cheese) and red meat, also sharp foods like chips, taco shells, pop corn can hurt with a fissure. I had a problem with any nuts, some say theychew them to a mush(paste) and are ok with them.
Good Luck with the nitro and try to stay away from any of the hem ointments. They do nothing for a fissure and can actually ulcerate the skin after more than 2 weeks. It may feel good temporary but in the long run there not good for fissures.
Also Jenny, LIS will fix the fissure for good. Don't be afraid of the surgery if it comes to that. I've has a really good experience. There's no need to suffer forever with these stupid fissures. :)
Last edited by Guest on 08 Jul 2011, 23:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typo