I did it! Day one post LIS sx

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

I did it! Day one post LIS sx

Postby Sandi071 » 30 Jul 2011, 13:20

Well I made it through the surgery. The pain is not so bad, I have been managing with Advil in fear of the percocet constipating me. I couldnt eat yesterday, I was sick from the anesthesia. I began eating today. I had some fiber one cereal, applesauce, strawberries and some of Mom chicken soup, not pasta in it though. I have not had my first BM, I was told to take mineral oil before bed last night and tonight. I hope that helps. I cant do much, nor do I want to, just laying around. So far not as bad as I thought. I will keep you posted.
Sandi071
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: I did it! Day one post LIS sx

Postby Guest » 30 Jul 2011, 13:43

Congrats Sandi!
Sounds like your doing all the right things! :)

Postby Guest » 30 Jul 2011, 13:44

I forgot to ask, did you just have the LIS?
I thought your surgery wasn't til August 9th?

Postby Sandi071 » 31 Jul 2011, 18:44

yes I had LIS and excision of fissure. I notice today while in the shower that I had a string hanging out? could that be a suture? will it dissolve. It Is day two since surgery, I'm still soar, is that normal? I need to walk gently. I guess I am not patient. I want to be normal... like now! I am hoping I will feel better by Friday, I have tickets to take my girls to a concert.
Sandi071
Fibre Addict

Postby Sandi071 » 31 Jul 2011, 18:46

Oh and yes I was going to have it August 9th, but I was so miserable that we pushed it up. I didn't care about vacations at work. I had to care about myself first. So I went in on Friday. I was so nervous...I hope I heal correctly.
Sandi071
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2011, 20:40

Hi Sandi,
it sounds like you had a fissurectomy(excision of the fissure) with your LIS.
I just had the LIS and no stitches. I'm not sure how long they can take to dissolve.
Yes being sore is very normal! Most of us would say 2-3 weeks before things feel pretty normal again who have had LIS .
I think you will do fine Sandi. The LIS is the way to go IMO. Fissurectomy can be a little painful, rougher but things usually become noticeably better at around two weeks, but don't panic if they don't. It's not out of the norm for things to go a little slower for some. You can't rush it though,Lol. Baby yourself, plenty of warm baths and stay off your bottom as much as you can.
I will try and find some info on others who posted about stitches. Some do and some don't get them. I guess it depends on the CRS and/or procedures?!

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2011, 20:48

I'm not sure if this will help you any but it looks like it can vary. Hopefully others who had stitches can give some better info to you.
http://anal-fissure.org/t2927-stitches-after-open-lis#57227