Botox and rectogesic

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox and rectogesic

Postby Diddlydell » 14 Aug 2011, 05:22

Hi all fellow sufferers i had botox two and half weeks ago has not made any difference still having severe spasms is it ok to keep using rectogesic have been using it for months still taking lactoluse and macrogal. my crs said after botox if i had no relief after couple of weeks to see my gp and get re referred i am so fed up as all of you know what its like, cant plan anything as you dont know what you are going to feel like Its the thought of waiting for months to see crs ,i had paid privately to get consultation with him then had to wait 5 months to have botox on national health sorry to ramble on Image
Diddlydell
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Botox and rectogesic

Postby Deleted User 579 » 14 Aug 2011, 08:35

Aw Diddlydell - you have a good rant. That's what we're here for. ImageIt is so wrong making us wait for months and months just to get what are, from a surgical point of view, very simple procedures!
I'm pretty sure that boardies here continued to use rectogesics after botox and even after an LIS in order to stop the spasms. I would think that whatever helps stop the spasms would be a good idea, since it's the spasms that prevent healing. But, of course, I think it's a good idea to ask your CRS about that.
I know what you mean about not being able to make any plans. My social life went out the window and I never knew what I would be able to do until about 2 in the afternoon, and even then I still had to be careful. It is truly difficult living with a fissure! I'm really surprised that you have to get re-referred. Can you call the surgeon's office and explain that the pain is very bad? I found that I really had to throw some fits to get proper treatment here in Canada. I had to make a big fuss because doctors really don't get how bad this is.
Hang in there! I know it's a long time to wait for treatment, but things will get better. There will be an end to this. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 14 Aug 2011, 11:55

Our NHS system truly sucks! Yes, make as much fuss as you can, ask to go on a cancellation list, cry to your gp - anything that puts you further up the list!
I would think it's ok to use rectogesic, but I've never had botox so I'm not totally sure.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby of all the places to hurt » 14 Aug 2011, 13:39

Diddleydell,
I am totally with you there about the NHS and how our G.P's just don't seem to understand how extremely painful and debilitating our condition is.
I would take the girls advice and act now! When u read more on the forum u will see that we are all treated similarly all over the world. Which is sad! But, don't give up!!!! Read and chat to some more on here and you will see that there is light at the end of the tunnel! So, go find it and hang in there! There is so many success stories so smile Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14