Few Things to follow During AF

We would love to hear your comments, and any suggestions you might have for the Forum. Feel free to tell us what you think!!

Return to Comments, Suggestions and Ideas

Few Things to follow During AF

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 17 Aug 2011, 23:28

During my Anal Fissure Tenure i did the following and was quite helpful in healing the fissure but the after BM spasm made me go mad and after a few weeks i had anal dilation done which till now has made my Butt Pain free with or without BM.
1. Avoid all dairy products and high protein diet. They tend to produce hard excreta.
2.After having an BM, try a headstand with somebodies help for a minute or so, this helped me relaxing the sphincter spasm temporarily.
3. Drink a 300 ml of water 20 minutes pre and post to lunch and dinner and avoid drinking water during lunch and dinner.
4.Practice long and harmonic breathing technique (like meditating style), this helps the spasm.
5. Avoid weight lifting and heavy exercise except cardio, however cycling should be avoided.
6.If you are suffering more then 5 to six weeks it is better considering surgical options. If you wait longer there are chances there can more damage to the nerve endings (this is only an possiblity and your CRS can explain more elaborately).
7. Avoid foods and fruits which have the capability to ferment in the GI tract, so that you can avoid flatulence. you can google such list.
8. Some of the safest food i found which did not cause any trouble were Millet & Sorghum (a excellent replacement for bread), red rice, spinach, cauliflower, White kidney beans, tender coconut water, orange, banana, watermelon, papaya, guava, custard apple.
9. One of position for relaxing is by lying down on your back and raising your legs up to certain height, this helped me specially while watch TV. Also while sitting you can cross your leg around the knee and keep them close and put the load on the other side on the butt cheek.
10. Use Luke Warm water (it should not exceed more then 40 to 42 deg cel). The purpose of sitz bath is to promote blood flow in the tiny veins and nerves around the anal cavity which further relaxes the sphincter spasm. The human core temp is around 37 to 38 deg cel. All you need is to raise the temp above the core temp and not exceed it.
11. Do not scratch or rub you anal and area around it under any circumstances. It will subside on its own. If not then use the analgesic cream, but avoid scratching or fondling in that area.
12. There are few yoga which help in relaxing the sphincter muscle which can be tried if you have time. you can google such yoga.
13.Last but not the least, make sure your CRS is skilled for the job and has gigantic experience in treating such symptom.
Well that was the most i could remember, but in case you wanna know anything more please feel free to pitch in. Today is my 8th day post surgery and i feel normal and pain free.
Take Care and hope you fissure dies soon. Have a nice day :D
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2