Ring of Fire!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Ring of Fire!

Postby TamingTheDragon » 18 Aug 2011, 15:46

Hi. Forum newbie here. Age 40, based in UK.
18 months in with hideous and worsening AF and 'roids which have destroyed the quality of my life and work.
LIS surgery 3 days ago with prognosis for more surgery to come.
Current pain not as bad as previous AF spasms. Diazepam, paracetamol and ibuprofen now keeping me sane(ish). Frightened to pass wind as not sure what will happen...
Thanks for the forum - hopefully it will help. :-)
TamingTheDragon
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Ring of Fire!

Postby of all the places to hurt » 18 Aug 2011, 15:55

I empathise with you completely! But, don't worry as your in the right place for some helpful tips and advice etc...
Their are some real friendly & genuine people on here who all understand what your going through. So, stay with us.
I hope you feel better than you do today!
:)
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby TamingTheDragon » 18 Aug 2011, 16:00

Awesome. Thankyou for the speedy welcome. I feel lucky to have one of the best surgeons in the UK and lucky now to have some great forum support. :-)
TamingTheDragon
Fibre Addict

Postby of all the places to hurt » 18 Aug 2011, 16:07

No Problem!
Are you in the South or up North of the UK?
I only ask as I am considering going private as it is taking sooo long on the nhs?? I am North so if your answer is South then, unlucky for me hee hee
Keep watching for replies cos all the guys will kick in soon welcoming you too!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 18 Aug 2011, 16:11

Welcome TTD !
How's your LIS going? Have you had your first BM? I'm assuming yes since it's been 3 days since the surgery?!
Are you still needing more anal surgery or some other surgery?
Passing gas should be easy since LIS! I'm a little puzzled...

Postby TamingTheDragon » 18 Aug 2011, 16:15

I'm in Essex. Although having seen both the NHS hospital and the private one there seemed to be little in it... apart from the cost. I was a late afternoon op so stayed in overnight. My insurance paid fortunately as when I asked to stay a second night they said yes... For another Ј400 :-) ... Hence to say I limped home to be bed!
TamingTheDragon
Fibre Addict

Postby of all the places to hurt » 18 Aug 2011, 16:19

Lol!! Think I wud limp home too!! Thanx for that and get some rest!!!! Image
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby TamingTheDragon » 18 Aug 2011, 16:23

Hi Dawn. Yes tried BM again today but still bunged up from cocodimol. Passed a rabbit poo but felt like I'd just given birth to a baby elephant ha ha. Passing wind was very easy...just was taken by surprise that more than wind appeared... Had hoped this wasn't going to happen... But assume this will improve with time.
Potentially more anal / rectal surgery on cards but to be confirmed. Good news is that recent colonoscopy (another fun afternoon's entertainment) has ruled out bowel cancer :-)
TamingTheDragon
Fibre Addict

Postby TamingTheDragon » 18 Aug 2011, 16:35

As an aside, it does appear that I have taken the classic route to AF:
Glandular Fever -> M.E for 4 years -> Gluten / Dairy intolerance -> I.B.S. -> Rectal Ulceration -> AF. I firmly believe it is the damage caused originally by multiple courses of anti-biotics over the Glandular Fever / ME years. 20 years of being a pain into he butt all round. Not bad for a Mountain Leader / award winning business leader... Who is now stuck in bed ha ha
TamingTheDragon
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 18 Aug 2011, 16:59

Welcome TTD! Wow! You sure have been through a lot! How on Earth you managed to do everything you've done is beyond me! I just dragged my sorry ass around to get work done and then stayed on the couch as much as possible. I'm glad you got the LIS over with and it's great that the colonoscopy results were good. Don't worry too much about passing more than wind - that happens just after surgery. A few boardies here had that experience, but it went away. Those rabbit poos are annoying! Do you have a good stool softener? Have you tried Movicol?
I really hope you don't have to have more butt surgery; but if it turns out that you do, then it's especially good that you are here. There are lots of wonderful people here who offer support and really great advice. :D
Deleted User 579