MY SURGERY WENT GREAT!!!!! THNX GUYS!!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

MY SURGERY WENT GREAT!!!!! THNX GUYS!!!!

Postby Firstsurgeryat16:( » 19 Aug 2011, 10:51

It went perfect. The worst part other then my reaction to the sleep meds was the needle for the IV lol. I rember him asking "are you ready for a nap buddy?" and they put the oxygen mask on me i took two deep breaths. The very last thing I rember was the nurse looking down at me saying your gonna be okay hunny. The I started to want to cry- a reaction to the meds also. But the unfortent part was when I woke up...i wasnt all the way awake but all of a sudden I heared a loud beeeep beeep beeeeep and my breathing totally went loww....i rember a lot of nurses come in and put an oxygen mask on me and put a steriod in my IV. Then after awhile I started gagging and they put more meds in my IV then it stopped. Thennnnn (lol) i started having a terriable headache, and i had very bad uncontrolabe shaking and i wasnt really cold. Sooooo then they gave me a diffrent med through the IV and it stopped then I feel asleep. Then I went to a diffrent room and am home!!!! I feel great!!!! Except if i get up or something.
Firstsurgeryat16:(
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Re: MY SURGERY WENT GREAT!!!!! THNX GUYS!!!!

Postby Deleted User 579 » 19 Aug 2011, 11:43

Congratulations!!! Image Image Image
I'm so glad the surgery went well and that everyone was so nice to you. :D I'm sorry you had a bit of trouble with the post-surgery wake-up. That can sometimes be a bit unpleasant, but it sounds like everyone took good care of you, like they should.
I'm glad you're feeling good. Take it easy and just rest for now. The butt-numbing will likely wear off soon, so don't panic if things feel a little more sore later than they do right now. Take your pain meds on schedule and remember the stools softeners and you'll be just fine. Now you get to watch some good movies and start the healing! Ya did good, buddy! Way to go! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 19 Aug 2011, 12:21

Image Image
Image well done you! Wow, you're a brave lad!
As Hope says, you have a lot of local anaesthetic in your bottom at the moment. When it wears off you could get a huge shock. KEEP UP WITH THE PAIN MEDS EVEN IF YOU DON'T FEEL YOU NEED THEM!! That way, you wont feel it so much when it does wear off.
And constipation is your enemy at the moment........stool softeners are your very best friend!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 19 Aug 2011, 14:02

Congrats on your surgery. As Val and Hope said stay ahead of the pain and take the stool softeners!! :)
I had uncontrollable shaking after my surgery too. I guess the nausea and shaking can happen when being put under.
Take care.

Postby val » 19 Aug 2011, 14:31

I had the shaking too - the nurse said it was the anaesthetic.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Firstsurgeryat16:( » 19 Aug 2011, 17:15

THANKS so much guys. Just wish I would have read this earlier. I kept thinking WOW this is a painless surgery. HAHAHAHAHAHA huh? I started to feel the gauze uncomforableness. Then I was almost in tears by the pain that hit full force all of a sudden. Just took my first pain pill lol
Fibre Addict

Postby ren0318 » 19 Aug 2011, 18:28

WONDERFUL news Dustin!!! i would imagine after the good stuff they give at the hospital wears off things would start to hurt, but take your meds, the key is take them before the pain starts:) keep us posted....
ren0318
Salt Bather

Topics: 18

Postby dexterdude » 20 Aug 2011, 01:02

Congrats on getting the op done. Now just remember to take it easy and give yourself time to heal.
My surgeries (2) experience was a bit different: sleeping stuff was through the IV and never knew what hit me and wake up was just like after a nice nap. I guess they used a different kind of drugs.
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Firstsurgeryat16:( » 20 Aug 2011, 10:26

mine was through the iv too the oxygen was just becuz i have asthma
Fibre Addict

Postby fissurepaingy » 20 Aug 2011, 13:36

Great to hear that! Congrats. Keep up with fiber and stool softeners and avoid constipation at all costs! Take care, I hope your recovery is speedy.
fissurepaingy
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?