Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member

Postby mimi40 » 22 Aug 2011, 11:01

Just walking has been causing me to be in so much pain, so I will wait on exercising. I do already have the skin tag. My doctor when he saw me told me that I would need the surgery so I'm just going to try to get it done asap. I hear people having this for a very long time and don't know how they could stand this. I know I can't.
mimi40
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 22 Aug 2011, 11:20

yeah if you have the tag, then it's chronic and probably wouldn't heal without surgery. I wasted so much time and exhausted myself from the pain and depression for 8 months. By the time I had my surgery, I was at the bottom of the barrel- mentally and physically. All for nothing but fear of the surgery. If I had only known, I would have had the surgery as soon as it became chronic!
It's just unnecessary to suffer in my opinion. I wouldn't hesitate to get it again as soon as they would give it to me if I had too.
Good Luck Mimi:) Use this time to get the diet and soft bm's right if you haven't already so that when you get the surgery you will be set up. Also the bm's that tear your fissure now will work just right after surgery. I remember thinking if I couldn't keep my bm's soft enough before surgery to heal the fissure then how was I going to heal after, but it all works better when they muscle is relaxed!

Postby of all the places to hurt » 22 Aug 2011, 11:57

I would listen to Dawn!! Mimi, ur in the States right? So, you won't have to wait like we do in the UK. I want LIS, believe me!! I am 5 months in and can't get the botox till 15 september. I am desperately trying to convince my CRS to just bloody get on with it. Its my backside afterall and my pain every single day. I know how your starting to feel about feeling depressed. I am blue too but I am fighting this tooth and nail and won't give up till I get my LIS. You probably won't agree with me as your brand new. But, mimi, don't let this get a hold of you as I did. Do something about it now as you can over there!! I feel sorry for you Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby val » 23 Aug 2011, 08:38

Hi Mimi,
yes, same as Dawn, I suffered for 7 months for fear of the surgery. But the only regret I had afterwards was that I hadn't had it done sooner.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby mimi40 » 24 Aug 2011, 04:45

I just want to thank you for everyones support here. This is the only place I can come to that I feel like I have some people to understand me. My poor husband just looks at me and shakes his head and says I don't even know what to say because I have never gone through this. I had one good day at work this week. I believe it was because I didn't have a bm all during work time. Then I got home and had one. I was then back in pain and even the next day at work it didn't go away. I had two more yesterday and I am in agony. Not that it was hard to go but it feels like I am back at the beginning without the blood. Plus now I have swelling now all around the anal area, not like a hemi though.I am now taking my doctors number to work with me today, and Dawn I'm calling him. I am going to make sure I get this thing going enough is enough. Oh my Val seven months of it! I would have to be commited.. Image
Well off to work with ointments and valium in hand.
wish me luck. :roll:
mimi40
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2011, 07:10

Your welcome. I bet that's the wonderful skin tag swelling up. Mine would swell and cover the whole b-hole :oops:
I think it's a good idea to call and get the ball rolling. Like Val, I went months and regretted putting myself through it.
There was another Boardie( Sidra) who I believe had the surgery like a month after she got her fissure. I think that's exactly what I would have pushed for if I would have known then what I know now. I think my CRS would have done the surgery whenever cause they had already mentioned it months before I got brave enough to do it.
Good luck w/ your day!

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 24 Aug 2011, 08:12

HI Mimi, Anal fissure is a terrible way to suffer. I am glad to hear that you have opted for surgery. Kindly indicate which type of surgery you have opted for. I had an Anal Dilation surgery 15 days back and i am feeling completely normal now. Hope you too will be Fissure free very soon.
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2011, 09:15

Hi Ramchandra,
Just curious and was wondering why you had anal dilation and not LIS?

Postby Sue27uk » 25 Aug 2011, 04:20

Good luck Mimi, I am now 5 months into all this, and am only on ointments. It took them a while to identify mine, and have been left 4 months waiting for a follow up appointment (yes I'm in the UK, how did you guess?!). I'm hoping they recommend botox at my NHS appointment, if not I will get it done private. I am sorry to hear you are suffering and know what you mean when you say you are getting down. I have been very low, but have picked myself up and trying to stay positive. Even going to counselling to help deal with this and other issues I have been storing up! Best of luck :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby mimi40 » 25 Aug 2011, 05:03

My doctor was in surgery all day yesterday. However I had just a little bit of pain in the morning and my ointments and one valium took care of that for the rest of the day. I almost felt normal again. Until I got home and used the bathroom. Then it was back in the tub and popping meds and curled up in a ball on the bed for about three hours. I will talk to my doctor as far as what needs to be done. I know I want to get something that will end the pain as soon as possible and get me back in the gym quickly. I just went through a year of a big change with my body. I lost 110 lbs in 14 months by seeing a dietition and working out almost daily. It was feeling so good. Now not being able to go and hardly being able to move. I am worried about putting it back on. So what ever will get me to heal the quickest and get me back to my life. Not to sure about anal dilation. It reminds me of the article I read called "Bob the fissure." Image I will talk to my doctor though.
And thanks again for the support on here. Image
mimi40
Fibre Addict