Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member

Postby of all the places to hurt » 25 Aug 2011, 05:23

Mmm I agree with you. I am sceptical about anal dilation. Infact, I know I won't have that! If my botox injections are unsuccessful (I am expecting this to be!) then I really want LIS. On a positive note Mimi, I remember being like you and curled up on the floor-much to my kids horror. But, even though I am still sore it aint half what it used to be! So chin up girl, you will get better Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby mimi40 » 27 Aug 2011, 17:27

Hello everyone,
I just came across something and I just wanted to know if anyone has got this or tried it before. Has anyone heard that the toilets that we use are bad for us? I heard this first back when I was in my 20's. I was talking to a woman who told me she has something called a squat toilet. At the time I just laughed, and thought nothing of it again. Well now I found some information on it, and it makes it a bit easier to use the bathroom, and faster. They have these things called squat platforms or a squat stool that you can buy. It is suppose to be the most natural way to go. They have a bunch of sites on it. Check it out and if anyone has one or knows about them please let me know.
Thank you. :)
mimi40
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2011, 22:37

Hi Mimi,
Others have mentioned squatting as helping while having a fissure. Some find it helps and some don't so if it helps you out then go for it! I've read about the platforms in the past. I believe it's a common way of going in other countries. It does seem it would be natural since even babies will squat before getting potty trained but then again, they can go laying on their backs,Lol... Hopefully others will be able to add!

Anal Dilation

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 27 Aug 2011, 22:45

Dawn wrote: Hi Ramchandra,
Just curious and was wondering why you had anal dilation and not LIS?

Hi Dawn, My surgeon advised me to undergo Anal Dilation. I was skeptic about it as Dilation has been criticized by a major lot. But the Surgeon said to me that my case was of acute fissure, while only in case of chronic fissure LIS is advisable. I took the Decision to go with Anal Stretch and turned out be good. Also by the way i did not have any incontinence.
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 28 Aug 2011, 13:29

Hi Ramchandra,
It's good to hear that you have had good results! I'm happy it worked out well for you.
Anal dilation is an older procedure that is rarely done here in the US. I haven't seen many post where this procedure has been done or offered on here...Hope you don't mind me asking, but Where are you from?

Postby of all the places to hurt » 28 Aug 2011, 14:39

Ermmm INDIA Image Image
Americans! Image DAWN:- Image x p.s
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby of all the places to hurt » 28 Aug 2011, 14:39

only kidding x You watch he will reply and say he is from Essex ....
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby vsweeney09 » 28 Aug 2011, 17:40

Hi Mimi,
I am sorry to hear of your suffering.
I do have to tell you that my doctor prescribed me Valuim for pelvic pain. It caused me a bit of constipation and I had a severe flair up with my anal fissures.
Please keep a close watch on any change in your BMs.
vsweeney09
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 28 Aug 2011, 21:18

of all the places to hurt wrote:Ermmm INDIA Image Image
Americans! Image DAWN:- Image x p.s

:oops: :oops: :oops: Image

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 29 Aug 2011, 07:36

Yes, I am from India and not from Essex. Also i know Anal Dilation is a very old Method but not necessarily a wrong method. I am not advising or forcing anyone to have dilation but only sharing that it worked for me. I hope that clears it up. Image
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict