Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New member

Postby Guest » 29 Aug 2011, 08:01

Dear Ramchandra,
I think Andrea was amused that I couldn't tell by your name where you are from. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway Image . Many folks from India live in the US and other parts of the world. I was curious to know where you had your procedure as I haven't heard of it being done much.
Your CRS must have did a good job since you are so happy with your results, and I am sure you will help others who may be having this procedure.

Postby Guest » 29 Aug 2011, 08:08

Pss.. Mimi, I hope things are going better for you and sorry for hi-jacking your thread! Image

Postby of all the places to hurt » 29 Aug 2011, 10:46

Ramchandra and Dawn,
I was fooling around and trying to inject some fun into our miserable fissures. Apologies if I offended either of you! And, I am so glad that you shared your story of anal dilation. It is wonderful that it has been successful for you! I think you are very brave Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Guest » 29 Aug 2011, 10:55

Awww Andrea, you didn't offend me at all!! Image
I knew you were just fooling around! Image

Postby mimi40 » 29 Aug 2011, 11:12

Image no problem. I need to hear about all the information I can get to beat this thing. I wish everyone the same with getting over this and getting back to their normal life.
I have been actually doing a bit better. I only have been having pain after going to the bathroom. Not even when I go anymore. I haven't seen any blood in over a week. So the hardest part now is after having the BM and the pain does last for like 4 or 5 hours which sucks.
I do have a question just say I get the fissure healed on the inside. Will that skin tag thing ever go away, and is that what hurting me "the burning feeling" when I move walk more then usual? What would happen if I put lidocaine numbing over that area? Any ideas?
mimi40
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby of all the places to hurt » 29 Aug 2011, 11:48

Mimi, I got lidocaine prescribed to me to apply before a bm. It was supposed to help numb the area as it is an anaesthetic. Problem was, it was a very small % and never helped me at all!
As for the skin tag I cannot speak yet from experience, but I imagine they will need removing if they are a problem still or purely for cosmetic reasons. Wait for the others who have had skin tags etc..to chime in.
I am finding that since my body has got used to miralax/movicol the spasms are....dare I say it....going away?? (been on movicol a month)
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 30 Aug 2011, 07:53

My bad for not understanding the humor.My apologies to the concerned. Hey Mimi i would advise you to treat your fissure surgically as soon as possible because it will be in acute state. If you wait longer, it may heal and re tear again and might turn into chronic fissure, and believe me you do not want that to happen. Please consider the surgery or else you will have to adjust your life routine based on the fissure. If you undergo surgery, a max of 3weeks of recovery and it will not be as painful as it was before surgery. So go ahead and get it done and when it is done, you will be asking yourself, why i hadn't done it earlier. Best of luck mimi.
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Postby Guest » 30 Aug 2011, 08:43

mimi40 wrote: Image no problem. I need to hear about all the information I can get to beat this thing. I wish everyone the same with getting over this and getting back to their normal life.
I have been actually doing a bit better. I only have been having pain after going to the bathroom. Not even when I go anymore. I haven't seen any blood in over a week. So the hardest part now is after having the BM and the pain does last for like 4 or 5 hours which sucks.
I do have a question just say I get the fissure healed on the inside. Will that skin tag thing ever go away, and is that what hurting me "the burning feeling" when I move walk more then usual? What would happen if I put lidocaine numbing over that area? Any ideas?

Good to hear your doing a little better! I don't think the skin tag will ever go away once you get it. It could shrink and leave a flap of skin with the best case scenario. It could be causing much of the pain your feeling. Mine was very painful. The swelling would go down if my fissure was behaving and after spending hours in the bath, but as soon as my fissure re-tore, the tag would swell HUGE again. Image
I don't think the lidocaine will make you or break you Image I wish I could give you some great idea that worked wonders for me, but warm baths, maybe some ice occasionally was all that helped and it wasn't much! Image I used vaseline at all times. Maybe that would help with some of the friction when walking/ moving around...

Postby mimi40 » 30 Aug 2011, 19:38

Well I have an appointment on the 26 of September. I will tell him I want the surgery because I need to start getting back to my life. Sick of just going to work being in pain, and having nothing to look forward to but a hot bath, medications and then back to bed. I am going crazy Image I need to get back to the gym.
Thanks everyone for your support! Image
mimi40
Fibre Addict

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 30 Aug 2011, 22:26

26 Sept is nearly a month away, why wait so long and suffer. Explain your urgency and get an appointment immediately and get your surgery done so may be by 26 Sept you will be back to normal. Hurry up
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict