2 doctors appts this week should i cancel 1?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

2 doctors appts this week should i cancel 1?

Postby jenny2 » 29 Aug 2011, 09:28

i am having alot of problems on Aug 19th my Crs told me that my fissure was healed but i was skeptical because i still was having burning in that area. my problem now is that hemm or whatever it is that is external that is causing problems is red and burning. I also have had alot of other problems like black stool, loss of 21 pounds in 1 month, feel terrible in the anal region and have mouth sores occasionally. i scheduled a appt with a gastro doc because i feel like the CRS not getting to the root of my problems and that i may have other issues going on beside the anal fissure. would everyone just go to the 2 appts this week or cancel 1 of them? i need help with this problem it has been dragging on for 8 months and i am so tired of living with these problems every day. thanks for advice to clarify i have 1 appt with crs and 1 appt with a gastro.
Last edited by jenny2 on 29 Aug 2011, 09:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Re: 2 doctors appts this week should i cancel 1?

Postby Guest » 29 Aug 2011, 09:34

Jenny,
I would keep those appointments. Both specialize in different areas. If you aren't happy with your CRS then I would ask the GI to refer you to another one .

Postby of all the places to hurt » 29 Aug 2011, 10:29

Hi Jenny,
You must definately go to both appointments!! It is not right that you have older blood in ur stools or the dramatic weight loss in such a short time. I am no Doctor, but it is pure common sense and instinct to know that you need all the help you can get to get to the root of ur problems and then onto the road to recovery. Best of Luck! Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby val » 29 Aug 2011, 11:27

I'm with Dawn and And.rea on this one! Yes, definitely get both their opinions - one of them at least must know what's going on.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 29 Aug 2011, 13:48

I just wanted to add my voice to the general consensus - see both! And get assertive. Your symptoms should be investigated and you've been dealing with all this long enough. I know all this can take so much out of you, but don't be passive now. Demand attention - it's your body and your health, so make sure your new doc understand that this is not a trivial issue. Good luck! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby jenny2 » 29 Aug 2011, 15:46

thanks everyone for the great posts. i am going to both doctors appt. gastro on thurs and crs on friday. will post and let you know what they say. this is a great board..
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby ouchtear » 29 Aug 2011, 19:04

Hopefully you have already had a colonoscopy and cancer check.
If so then Dark stools could mean either Gut inflammation or blood.
My Stools were really dark until I stopped eating gluten. Magically there were a normal light brown of yesteryear.
I'm guessing in my case the inflammation in the gut causes them to be darkened..
Celiac sufferers often loose alot of weight due to being malnourished. Nothing gets absorbed into the system..
Ask your doctor about Gluten Intolerance.
ouchtear
Salt Bather

Topics: 9