Weight loss

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Weight loss

Postby Jas » 02 Sep 2011, 12:10

I have lost about 10-12 lbs. In the last 4 months. I have changed my diet and constantly try to watch what I eat and cut down on the beers. I also don't eat very much these days. It really bothers me though because I am not that big anyways 5'9 with more of a slender build. 10 lbs really shows. My ideal weight is 170 and I am down to 160. It freaks me out I don't want to lose any more weight but Ian afraid to eat the foods that will add weight. What should I do? Is it normal for people who have had fissures to lose considerable weight. Note, I don't feel unhealthy just thinner than before.
Jas
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Weight loss

Postby of all the places to hurt » 02 Sep 2011, 12:31

Don't worry Jas, most of us lost a lot of weight in the beginning. I have lost 30 pounds. It has settled now (had fissures for 6 months) and can eat nearly what I want as long I take Movicol/Miralax. Unlike you, I am happy for the weight loss and am now being careful not to put on weight. I am sure that as long as ur bm's are soft and managed well, you can put a weight back on! Good luck!!
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Sue27uk » 02 Sep 2011, 13:21

I was diagnosed with IBS last August and lost a stone in weight, and since being ill in March have lost almost another stone. I wouldn't worry too much unless its alot of weight! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby seattlesounders » 04 Sep 2011, 01:24

Jas I'm in a similar position to you - lost 20 pounds. Docs suggested a drink called Ensure that you can get from the pharmacy to help bump up calories. Makes me run to the loo but may work for you
seattlesounders
Salt Bather

Topics: 7